Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

'65 Rambler American Questions

falcon64
06-06-2004, 08:04 PM
Guys,
I've been looking at a '65 American 2dr. sedan project car that's all there and completely original. aside from needing some work on the lower quarters behind the wheels and a rusty pass. rear floor pan, for $250.00 it seems like a good deal. It was running when recently parked and now has no spark. I'm guessing condenser or coil. At any rate what I wanted to know is 1) how hard will it be to find body parts and parts in general. 2) how big an engine (AMC or other makes) will fit (looks like there's plenty of room) and will this be a worthwhile project or will it be a frustrating endevor? Thanks! :smile:

TheSilentChamber
06-07-2004, 02:39 AM
that is a good price. Body parts can sometimes be hard to find, heres a good site for them though http://www.showcars-bodyparts.com/amc.html other than a few places like that its up to the junk yards and ebay. You could put a 401 in it I'm sure. The last question is a tricky one. It will be frustating but worthwhile in the end.

falcon64
06-07-2004, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the for the input and link. I'm going to take another look at the car with a friend that's a body man sometime this week before making my final decision. I need to verify it runs and moves on it's own 'cause my Wife won't let me buy another project unless it does. :biggrin:

racericky
09-08-2004, 02:54 PM
well here is another rambler web site that you will find lots of parts www.americanpartsdepot.com

falcon64
09-08-2004, 03:51 PM
Thanks ricky! :smile:

Add your comment to this topic!