Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Newbie with a question about amp wiring

SiReeZNuTZ
06-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Hello everyone. My first post ever on these boards. I have a 1996 Honda Accord Sedan with A/C. I'm in the process of slowly, but surely, piecing all the parts of my audio system into my car.

I just finished some minor wiring stuff today. Got to the back of my head unit and ran the RCA cables and connected my remote turn on cable. I removed the passenger seat and ran the wires under the seat, then along the side of the car, then into the trunk.

I have all necessary pieces of my "budget system". I have Discus level MB Quart 6 inch components, which I have yet to install, and currently have a pair of Boston Acoustic 6 by 9's in the rear. I also recently purchased a 12" Polk Momo sub.

Wiring the speakers to the amp is a breeze, if anyone can offer me some assistance in a couple of areas related to wiring, I would appreciate it.

My questions:

Where exactly is the rubber grommet that covers the hole in the firewall? I need to run my amp power cable through this, otherwise I'm going to break out the old Black & Decker drill.

My second question relates to speaker wiring to the doors. How do I get from the cabin to the inside of the door? I thought the simplest method would be through the existing rubber conduits, but I didn't realize that the connection from cabin to the door is harnessed. Does that mean I have to drill a hole?

Muchas gracias!

jaedreamah
06-05-2004, 08:51 PM
if you open your hood and look at the firewall, it should be on the left side directly under the glove box from your interior. you'll see a round rubber piece and all you have to do is pop that out. there is a layer of foam that you can use a phillips to poke a whole through. then just run your power wire through there.

sofast
06-06-2004, 06:32 AM
if you open your hood and look at the firewall, it should be on the left side directly under the glove box from your interior. you'll see a round rubber piece and all you have to do is pop that out. there is a layer of foam that you can use a phillips to poke a whole through. then just run your power wire through there.

Welcome to AF friend

Adding that you can use the existing wiring and leave the crossover in the door. Or you can drill and grommet. I would drill and Grommet.

Add your comment to this topic!