Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

gas filter

the blur
06-05-2004, 01:52 PM
2003 denali
where is the fuel filter??

thx!!

GMCTech
06-05-2004, 07:37 PM
Three options. On the frame rail just behind and under the driver's side.

If you've checked there and it is not there then check forward of that area behind a bracket and a box that the fuel flows through (I think that you'll find that this is only on CA emission vehicles)

And 3rd - you won't believe it, but .......... halfway through the '03 model year and ALL the '04s the filter is in the tank, 100,000 mile filter supposedly. Go figure. :screwy:

the blur
06-05-2004, 10:05 PM
then it's probably in the tank. I looked high and low (like the cabin filter), but I couldn't find it. My dealer sold me the standard fuel filter with the threaded fittings on both sides.

I factory ordered the Denali in jan 03 and took delivery march 1,03, so it's probably in the tank.
thx

Three options. On the frame rail just behind and under the driver's side.

If you've checked there and it is not there then check forward of that area behind a bracket and a box that the fuel flows through (I think that you'll find that this is only on CA emission vehicles)

And 3rd - you won't believe it, but .......... halfway through the '03 model year and ALL the '04s the filter is in the tank, 100,000 mile filter supposedly. Go figure. :screwy:

the blur
06-10-2004, 09:40 PM
thank you !! low and behold I found the fuel filter. inside the driver side frame rail on an angle. it's the same filter GM has been using for 20 years. unlike the 96 impala they used quick release fuel filter fittings, but that didn't seem to last too long. The threaded fittings seem more secure.

I'm a firm believer in changing fuel filters annually. less wear and tear on the fuel pump, and I have NEVER had an intank fuel pump fail on any of my vechiles !!

Add your comment to this topic!