Page updated on 12-12-2017

94 LeSabre Questions

CustomChevyGuy
06-05-2004, 02:56 AM
Question 1 - Does anyone know if this year had a trunk release in the glove box? I recently found what looks to be some wires, and a mounting place for a switch. I also saw a similar bundle of wires running towards the latch in the trunk.

Question 2 - Has anyone had thier ac blowing air, then seen steam, or mist blowing out of the vents? At first I thought it was dust, or smoke, but it didnt have any smell at all. The air wasnt cold, but it was visable, kinda like you would see in a wind tunnel. Also does this have anything to do with why my ac shuts off under heavy acceleration?

delhsn
06-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Question 1 - Does anyone know if this year had a trunk release in the glove box? I recently found what looks to be some wires, and a mounting place for a switch. I also saw a similar bundle of wires running towards the latch in the trunk.

Question 2 - Has anyone had thier ac blowing air, then seen steam, or mist blowing out of the vents? At first I thought it was dust, or smoke, but it didnt have any smell at all. The air wasnt cold, but it was visable, kinda like you would see in a wind tunnel. Also does this have anything to do with why my ac shuts off under heavy acceleration?

Regarding question #2, I haven't seen any steam or mist from my vents, but my ac fan stops or cuts out under heavy acceleration. The air is still cold, it just isn't blowing. As soon as I lift my foot off the accelerator, the fan blows full speed again. I asked my mechanic about it and he suspected a vacuum leak, said he fixed one, but its still happening.

mcschuler
06-08-2004, 12:40 PM
Vapor coming from the vents seems to be OK. It is the cold air cooling off the humidity in the air. It is common in hot and muggy environments. Worry when the steam crawls up the windshield on the passenger side. Bad heater core.

My AC also quits blowing on uphills and acceleration.

I have no idea about the remote trunk release.

Jed Rule
06-08-2004, 06:03 PM
Under heavy load and wide open throttle, the PCM shuts off the A/C compressor to let the engine achieve maximum power. The compressor kicks in again when you back off the gas.

delhsn
06-08-2004, 08:26 PM
Under heavy load and wide open throttle, the PCM shuts off the A/C compressor to let the engine achieve maximum power. The compressor kicks in again when you back off the gas.

That would make sense, if the compressor kicked off. It doesn't. It's the blower fan that stops ... freezing cold air continues to drift slowly out of the vents, but with absolutely no force, even if it's on high and max a/c.

I've had this car six years, and this just started happening in the last month or so, so it's not a design thing, it's a malfunction of some kind.

Lesabrelover
06-08-2004, 10:33 PM
Question 1: Yes this model had a trunk release switch in the glove box, I had a 94 Lesabre and that was where it was located.

Question 2: My 94 did the same thing, and it was a little low on refrigerant, I also replaced the low pressure switch located on the dryer ( the little round "can" in your A/C lines). I think the switch was about $12.

creslevi
06-09-2004, 11:00 AM
QUESTION #!
When I bought my 94 Lesabre part of the deal was a Keyless entry installation with a trunk release on the dash left side of the steering wheel, they ordered from GM a snapin plastic dash section with a molded openimg for the button, at first they mounted the button then just cut a hole in the plastic but it looked terrible and my wife was having none of that so they ordered the right piece from the factory and it looks and works great.
QUESTION #2
Are you sure the fan is cutting off or is it just the heater A/C door going closed because of a bad diaphram in the heater or a vacuum leak, There used to be a plastic ball type vacuum reservoir on the firewall of the older buicks that would cause the same thing to happen when the reservoir started to go bad and not hold enough reserve vacuum, I don't know if they are still in the newer cars or not ?? maybe one of the GM moderators can awnser that ?.
Its kinda like the old vacuum wipers shutting down going uphill when the manifold vacuum dropped due to increased power demand for the hill you were going up !?
Ill bet this is as clear as mud !!.
Rick

delhsn
07-15-2004, 10:58 PM
A little further on the A/C question. It really doesn't seem to be the fan cutting off at all ... what happens is the air is diverted to the defroster vents. It still blows cold, but not "on" you. The vacuum resevoir sounds like a possibilty ... hard to say how hard a problem like this might be to diagnose.

Add your comment to this topic!