Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Headers ...

Superesc
01-21-2002, 04:13 PM
I am looking into my next piece of the puzzle which is the header and I narrow down the choice to DC 4-2-1 or a JDM Type R header. Question is would the JDM TR fit on my 2001 GS teg? and if so, anyone have any estimate as to how much a 2.5 cat converter cost? What's everyone's opinion on it??

RickDaTuner
01-21-2002, 04:36 PM
get the type R headers Calvin the dc ones are nice but the type r do much more like there better in lower end torque and if you can find a shop who does this , just have you cat removed I hthiugh you had the 5zigen exhauts diesnt that take the cat of the system???

Superesc
01-21-2002, 04:43 PM
My 5 zigen is just the Axle back kit, so the mid pipe and cat is still stock, I plan on getting all that done once I figure out which Header to get. (Even Better if I can get a bolt on Mid pipe from 5 zigen...)

engsr
01-21-2002, 06:47 PM
what type of sound do you get from your 5Zigen? also, have you considered the DC 4-1? thanks.

Superesc
01-21-2002, 06:56 PM
I personally love the sound, not too loud, nice range, deep (not too deep). It gets loud on the highway, but so far I don't mind it.

But to be honest, I haven't REALLY Heard it from OUTSIDE the car hehehe, inside it was just righttt hehehehhe

Yea thought about the 4-1, 'cause I do have in mind a JRSC in the future (far future). Also I have another option.. GReddy 4-2-1... so 3 choices... (also I am told the ITR header might not fit. oh well no biggie, hehe.

-Calvin

engsr
01-21-2002, 07:26 PM
the problem you might have with the ITR header is the bolt pattern. it may not fit perfectly, unless you drill new holes. i know the ITR intake manifold requires a different bolt pattern to be put on, say, the GS-R. just a thought.

actually, i read somewhere that the HyTech Type-R header is suppost to give something like 20hp. but i'm not going to pay the price for that - something like $1000. :eek:

Superesc
01-22-2002, 12:38 AM
hmm yea I think I will get the GReddy header, best bang for the bucks.

Anyone have any experience installing them? if so any tips? ( any url?? )

-Calvin

Dru-Si
01-27-2002, 11:44 AM
What are your plans? All motor or turbo/supercharger? I personally don't like JRSC, just cuz too many ppl have had problems with them. I'd go turbo on your car. The B18B is an awesome motor to turbo. I think it can handle up to 8-9psi on stock internals.

If you go all motor, then LS/VTEC is an option as well. You got both high end and low end power!

Add your comment to this topic!