Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lowering 2004 Ford F150

raisins
06-04-2004, 11:48 PM
Just purchased a 2004 ford F150 regular cab truck. I would like to lower it abit, maybe 3" because it sits too high. What will happen to the suspension by doing this? By lowering, will it give the truck a rougher ride? Any other suggestions?

goinbig
06-06-2004, 03:12 PM
With the front, you could get 3" dropped spindles, which will keep the original springs and everything, leaving the ride same as stock. Same with rear, you can get dropped shackles and hangers, which will keep the stock springs back there as well.

trueblue00
06-12-2004, 11:53 AM
I don't know why you would lower the truck if it sat too high why didn't you buy a car or a toyota tacoma two wheel drive they sit low a real man does not lower a truck because it sits too low a real man would say it don't sit high enough then lift it.

goinbig
06-14-2004, 07:08 PM
Trueblue00, so you're a real man? How much is your truck lifted? I've got a '94 F150 that sits on the ground (5/7" drop with the body c-notched) sitting on 20's. But, I also have a '73 F100 that i made a custom lift for (about 35" in total) and it sits on 60" tractor tires.

So, how exactly does your theory work? I've got a lowered truck; however, I also have one that could probably run yours over.

You say "...it don't sit high enough..." but I don't think it's even possible for a truck to sit too high. So, I guess I'm more of a man than you, right?

TexasF355F1
06-22-2004, 07:11 PM
I don't know why you would lower the truck if it sat too high why didn't you buy a car or a toyota tacoma two wheel drive they sit low a real man does not lower a truck because it sits too low a real man would say it don't sit high enough then lift it.
Shut the fuck up. He didn't ask for your opinion of lowered trucks. "A real man".............................what the fuck is that. Growing up makes you a real man, not what you drive.

Anyways, don't listen to the shit talkers. They're just self conscious. McGaughy's (http://www.mcgaughys.com/) just released a 2"/4.5" drop kit for the new F-150. I believe it's the first kit out. If you can get a hold of the July 2004 issue of Truckin' they do a step by step installation on the truck. It looks great too. McGaughy's are really making a name for themselves here recently. While I haven't seen a kit up close, I've heard/read nothing but great things. Any other questions you can drop me a pm so you don't have to deal with bullshit.

Trackstar1506
08-22-2004, 10:19 PM
What would some of those run? I've got a 97 F-150 Styleside single cab v6 and i want to bring it down some, just so i would feel better on some turns. But I am getting something new in october 2005 so i dont want to invest to much money. any answers are greatly appreciated!

DT

TexasF355F1
08-26-2004, 02:45 PM
What would some of those run? I've got a 97 F-150 Styleside single cab v6 and i want to bring it down some, just so i would feel better on some turns. But I am getting something new in october 2005 so i dont want to invest to much money. any answers are greatly appreciated!

DT
If you just want a slight drop that inexpensive I would recommend a 2/4 drop by either DJM or Belltech. Haven't seen a McGaughys on a 97-2003 F-150, but they could have it.

The DJM will probably be the cheapest and they are one of the best, most I think prefer DJM to anything else.

Trackstar1506
08-26-2004, 04:04 PM
how cheap? lol that is always a good question. I just ordered my streetglow and then I am going to be going for the drop and then get a bed cover in october, and then im done. just enjoy it for awhile. Sellin it the October after that.

goinbig
08-27-2004, 05:48 PM
Trackstar1506, Check out their site, there's some prices on there:

http://www.djmsuspension.com/Products/ProductsByMake/Ford/97F150Parts.htm

Scroll to the bottom of this page, and there is a complete kit for $539.70

http://www.djmsuspension.com/Products/ProductsByType/OneBox.htm

Add your comment to this topic!