Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Enzo vs. carrera gt on a track

06-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Which is faster around a track? Do not use straight line preformance.

Have these two ever raced or timed around the same track?

Cockrocket
06-04-2004, 01:48 PM
i think "car" magazine has just compared those two cars and from what i remember reading in the shop the enzo is better. Also from what i see of the Top Gear stig the car is harder to drive fast. if the tail gets away from you going tinto a corner you cant get it back. the enzo is more forgiving! Oh if i 4got to mention the enzo won that comparison with the GT 2nd and SLR last!

p.s. on race tracks there are things called straights between corners so you cant ask which is faster round the track without taking into account the straight line speed down the straight!

jcsaleen
06-05-2004, 10:07 PM
The enzo is a whole level up on the carrera GT. Hp wise forget about its not even worth comparing. weight wise the same.

06-05-2004, 11:05 PM
Interesting. I always assumed the enzo would be faster since the porsche was a convertable, but I read in the porsche forums that the carrera gt was faster. That is why I asked here.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98626&page=2&pp=15

"Who ever said the Carrera GT wont be able to beat the Enzo is sadly mistaken. The Carrera GT posted quicker times than the Enzo at Nurburging. The Enzo doesn't create as much downforce as the Carrera GT, which allows it to be superior on the racetrack.

Plus the Carrera GT is an engineering power house. When the production car made its appearence, Porsche accounced that there are more than 50 technological pending patents. Every publication that has driven the Carrera GT mentions how the engine noise is like that of an F1 car. Also Porsche is proud that with the roof off, the Carrera GT is still stiffer than a 2004 GT3RSR racecar with full FIA rollcage."

"I've also read that the Carrera GT is quicker... where did you get your info from?"

"The information provided have been supplied primarily from two of my favorite publications, EVO and CAR. Plus I have several sources that give good information about Porsche activities"

"I don't know why people think the Enzo is faster."

"The reason why the c-gt is faster is because simply, it goes around the track faster. From what I've heard from several people though i haven't been able to confirm it myself (I hope the people on this forum were sincere) the c-gt lapped Nordscheilf (Nurburgring) faster than the enzo. In the end, that's all that matters."

06-05-2004, 11:12 PM
I am suprised that people are so biased in the opionions. The porsche forum thinks the porsche is faster, and the ferrari forum thinks the ferrari is faster.

Here I read, "The enzo is a whole level up on the carrera GT."
There I read, " the Enzo is a POS."

And the same source is used to argue opossite points!

I need to find a more realible forum to waste my time reading.

jcsaleen
06-06-2004, 06:54 AM
The enzo was created by ferrari to be 1 of the most unrivaled track cars of all time. It is a complete drivers car. less downforce is jus 1 factor out of many that go into a true race car. My uncle has talked to M .Schumacher and asked him about it. He has even said its meant to be the ultimate drivers car!! Sorry bu the carrera GT on the track would get most definetly get beat.

Cockrocket
06-06-2004, 10:27 AM
Ferrari would beat it, sorry porsche fans buts its true. In my over all opinion though the Mclaren F1 LM could hammer the hell out of both of these cars but thats a hole other ball game and forum thred :)

jcsaleen
06-06-2004, 11:17 AM
Ferrari would beat it, sorry porsche fans buts its true. In my over all opinion though the Mclaren F1 LM could hammer the hell out of both of these cars but thats a hole other ball game and forum thred :)

No shit thats my Fave car in the superclass level anyway.

Cockrocket
06-06-2004, 04:30 PM
one thing though...i may as well ask it here rather than start another thread, if you compare the tyres of the mclaren f1, enzo or any supercar the rear tyre is always higher from the rim to the top of the tyre than on the front. If you look at an enzo or f1 pic from the side, the rims are the same diameter but the tyres are different depths. or in some cases like the sallen s7, the tyre depth is the same but the rear rim is 1 inch bigger. Why is this? I dont now what it is, but i think this change in tyre depth makes the rear wheel look out of poportion to the rest of the car.

jcsaleen
06-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Yea the Saleen S7 has that but everything is perfectly cemetrical on that car except for the leather seat wrinkles lol. The s7 is the only and first supercar to ever be designed completely by computer generation b 4 it was produced.

jcsaleen
06-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Also might be to save a little weight have less tire and more light weight alloy (material of rims) is a good thing.

Cockrocket
06-10-2004, 11:00 AM
Yea the Saleen S7 has that but everything is perfectly cemetrical on that car except for the leather seat wrinkles lol. The s7 is the only and first supercar to ever be designed completely by computer generation b 4 it was produced.

never knew that, interesting!...what other car forums do you post on jcsaleen, iv met you in mercedes, mclaren, ferrari, anywhere else do you discuss cars?

jcsaleen
06-10-2004, 04:58 PM
never knew that, interesting!...what other car forums do you post on jcsaleen, iv met you in mercedes, mclaren, ferrari, anywhere else do you discuss cars?

Pangani saleen porsche even though havent done any yet because they dont have a 962 thread maybe some porsche moderators should be taking notes!!!!! & of course rare prototypes such as fioravanti aka f100 r or the vision k2 or the vector m12.

Cockrocket
06-12-2004, 08:04 AM
couldnt agree with you more on the porsche dauer 962 lm front, great car, said to be the fastest road legal car (not production) car in the world. great racing history as well!

jcsaleen
06-12-2004, 09:14 AM
Its a half as production car because theres no limit to how many but theres only like 20 in existence however If you have 920,000 euros U can call the porsche factory and they make you 1 custom made any time.

iranintoavan
06-28-2004, 09:59 PM
Man, why is everyone comparing EVERYTHING to the Enzo. I mean really, leave it alone, its obviousally the winner of all time. :biggrin: :biggrin:

jcsaleen
06-29-2004, 07:17 AM
Man, why is everyone comparing EVERYTHING to the Enzo. I mean really, leave it alone, its obviousally the winner of all time. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thats on my other post its called to much scrutiny! you should check it out.

iranintoavan
06-29-2004, 09:47 AM
Thats on my other post its called to much scrutiny! you should check it out.

I have and I agree

06-29-2004, 12:35 PM
What do you suggest we discuss about the enzo? None of us own one, and we have already worn out the topic of its greatness. Are you suggesting we delete this forum, or do you want more meaningless positive comments from people that have never driven the car?

The enzo is not really the winner of all time, but the enzo may be the fastest road/track car that is not very suitable for either the road or the track. For less money you can buy a dedicated track car that will preform better on the track, and my truck would be faster for daily driving becouse I can go over potholes and speed bumps at 65 mph without destroying my vehicle. There is a reason that so few of the rich people who coud easily afford enzos chose instead to drive $50,000 to $100,000 cars (or less)?

At the supercar level, it is no longer about numbers becouse the cars are not meant to be pratical. They are intended to be toys or show off material. So none of us know anything about the important factor, how the car feels to the driver. And many people who have driven it have preferred other cars or slightly older ferrari models.

Please read this thread http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=98626&page=2&pp=15

They say the porsche is faster (on a specific track), better looking, better quality, more fun to drive, feels better etc.

I am not trying to say the enzo is slower. I am asking, why do you care so much and have such definite opionions about a vehicle you have never and will never drive? We have 5 people that think the enzo is the best and 5 that think the porsche is better (both groups use the same magizine as evidence ,which I have not read). Clearly the subjectivity of your assesments is lacking.

jcsaleen
06-30-2004, 08:44 PM
First of all the enzo is 1 of the best track cars of all TIME. In a simple desciption.Second of all the enzo HAS adjustable shocks and springs.

The ENZO is a track car because it was designed to be as close to an F1 car as possible and where do F1 cars race?? The track they are the fastest machines around a track and anything engineered in copy or basis of an f1 car (ferrari ENZO) was obviously making it as a usable and complete track car as possible. Heres a tip its a track car it was meant to be a drivers car it was designed by MICHAEL SCHMACHER to meet his driving standards. Another thing that proves the enzo is an excellent track car is that M . Schumacher ran the SAME lap times WITH STABILITY CONTROL ON AS HE DID OFF!! That is all I really have to say about the enzo's supposed (not a track car performance)

BRX880
07-17-2004, 08:44 AM
Back in may, a german car mag made a highspeed and handling test in Nardo with several Supercars.

The results reached by the test crew are as follows:

Enzo: Carrera GT:

0-100: 3,6 s 3,8 s
0-200: 10,3 s 10,7 s
0-300: 26,1 s 34,2 s

Handling
track: 54,98 s 53,86 s

Topspeed: 355 334
(it was a windy
day in Nardo)

turk66460
08-08-2004, 03:08 AM
How about this they are all Fast and Bad ass cars. I like all of them and will respect them. Put it this way who really wants to go that fast if you had the car you wouldn't get it out of 3rd gear on the streets. All i am saying is they are all great cars.

jcsaleen
08-08-2004, 09:12 AM
Yes but were in the ferrari forum its way faster :biggrin:

turk66460
08-08-2004, 11:03 AM
LOL I am not gonna talk shit on cars i know i can't afford.:nutkick:

jcsaleen
08-08-2004, 11:20 AM
LOL I am not gonna talk shit on cars i know i can't afford.:nutkick:

Its ok to critisize when ur online cuz u have a computer screen between u and the person lol.

97accordvtec
08-12-2004, 03:30 AM
some one had told me that the ENZO can beat a stock superbike (ducati 999r and the honda cbr1000rr) is this true??

jcsaleen
08-12-2004, 09:07 AM
Depends whos driving. If its M.S then hell yea. That car is designed to his preferance.

acrid850
08-22-2004, 03:54 PM
Lets get both Porsche and Ferrari to get race models out (which I think Ferrari is already doing and is a logical next step for Porsche) and see who wins in LeMans series! :D

I like the Porsche, but thats cuz' I'm German. Natural bias.

MalkaJB
08-22-2004, 05:57 PM
Actually, these two cars (along with the Gallardo) have been tested against each other on German TV.

You can download the video here: http://racingflix.com/getvideo.asp?v=515&p=6

Unfortunately (for me anyway), the commentary is in German. I noticed that you said that you are German. If you know how to speak the language, perhaps you can decipher the final verdict for the rest of us.

cabrio92
11-27-2004, 06:31 PM
Hello,

I had the chance to see Enzo, Carrera GT, Diablo GTR, Murcielago, Ascari KZ1R, F50, F40, etc... and it was at the Castellet/Paul Ricard ; what a beautiful day !

Enzo kicks ass of Carrera GT ;) I will publish the times and video on my website :lol:

Ciao
Phil

Inferno69
12-22-2004, 10:51 PM
Enzo > Carrara GT

/thread

NSX-R
01-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Hey 51004, The only reason that they said that the porsche is faster is because you read that in a PORSCHE FORUM so of course their going to say that!!!!!!!!!

DealsGap
09-06-2005, 07:16 PM
some one had told me that the ENZO can beat a stock superbike (ducati 999r and the honda cbr1000rr) is this true??

It's hard to say. It would depend on the driver, rider, and track. The problem with bikes is that it is much harder to find their limit than it is a cars, so the choice of riders would be much more limited for an accurate test. I'd love to see Schumi in an Enzo against Rossi on an R1 on a well balanced track.

As far as Enzo vs GT, Top Gear claims the Enzo has the lowest lap time. Top Gear is a very entertainment based source, however, and they are known for flat out lying for the sake of ratings. My money would be on the Enzo based on everything i've seen/read on the two.

NewyorkKopter
09-10-2005, 08:42 AM
the carrera GT is a really sexy car, but I'd also go with the Enzo. Just look at the shape of the damn thing. It has that Front Spoiler resembling a F1 car, and it has more upswept Venturi's than the Carrera GT. Also because of all these things I think the Enzo makes nearly twice as much downforce. The Carrera GT has diffuser's but I dun think they're Venturis. But w/e I think the Enzo would be faster on a open track, but as far as tight tracks go I think the Carrera will own

Lamboholic
01-02-2006, 12:06 PM
I think itīs an interesting thread, but how could anyone answhere such question. Both cars have their best track where they would perform very good. I know the Enzo was tested a lot on Fiorane and the Carerra GT was tested a lot on an airfield in Germany and very likely on the Nordschleife aswell. Both cars are very different priced and are designed for different purposes. To be honest, youīre comparing apples and pies...

And to tell you the truth I really am not impressed with the performance from either of these cars, becaus a very low priced Donkervoort smashed the fastest Carerra GT lap by about 15 second and had a much lower top speed.

jcsaleen
01-02-2006, 01:31 PM
Yes...

& the donkervoort is also like a caterham (open wheel racer) and eighs about 1/3 of the CGT so that is also like comparing apples and oranges...

bkvj
01-02-2006, 04:25 PM
And to tell you the truth I really am not impressed with the performance from either of these cars, becaus a very low priced Donkervoort smashed the fastest Carerra GT lap by about 15 second and had a much lower top speed. and as JC said, the donkervoort is just a rebadged caterham, with an audi engine. and say it yourself; where would you rather be seen in? a donkervoort or a enzo/porsche GT for **** sake...you cant compare them really...completely differnt cars.

i would bet on the enzo myself. i would also rather have an enzo. i like the porsche, but if you take a look at it, it looks like one of those WW1/WW2 nazi bunkers...its al so low with a more 'straigt' bulb as the cockpit...the ferrari goes all the way to the back...no offence

Lamboholic
01-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Itīs true I would preferably be seen inside either of the supercars then inside the Donkervoort. Alright itīs a lot lighter, but that doesnīt nessesarily make it faster through corners. I probably shouldnīt come up with the example, whitch indeed is comparing apples with pies aswell. Still 15 seconds faster with a track car is way too much to convince me that either of the expensive supercars are as good as they should be. A supercar designed for the racetrack canīt be good money if a much cheaper roadlegal car will be so much faster during one race lap round the Nordschleife to allow the driver to finish, step outside the car and drink some thea before the others arrive. In this perspective you would probably understand why this uncomparable situation starts to work out.

DealsGap
01-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Itīs true I would preferably be seen inside either of the supercars then inside the Donkervoort. Alright itīs a lot lighter, but that doesnīt nessesarily make it faster through corners. I probably shouldnīt come up with the example, whitch indeed is comparing apples with pies aswell. Still 15 seconds faster with a track car is way too much to convince me that either of the expensive supercars are as good as they should be. A supercar designed for the racetrack canīt be good money if a much cheaper roadlegal car will be so much faster during one race lap round the Nordschleife to allow the driver to finish, step outside the car and drink some thea before the others arrive. In this perspective you would probably understand why this uncomparable situation starts to work out.

So where are these lap times? Who was driving the Enzo? Was the Enzo on stock rubber? Under what conditions? Repeat those questions for the Donker. I'd be very suprised to find times from a professional driver flogging an Enzo. A rich guy out for a spin on a track, much more likely.

As usual, you have to account for all of the variables. If you put me in an Enzo on street rubber against a champ car driver in a lesser car, I'm still going to get trounced.

Exotics are about much more than performance, though. If you just want to see what the manufacturer is capable of building you have to look at the factories race machines; of which Ferrari builds (arguably) the fastest in existence, the F2005.

Lamboholic
01-07-2006, 06:44 AM
I have to say I agree and I think the racecars should do the racing like they do. I just donīt get the supercar...

murphy54
04-14-2006, 07:30 PM
carrera gt will win...hahahahahhaahhahahhhahahahahhaha:rofl: :grinyes:

XaleTorren
10-18-2006, 06:48 PM
heres the thing the carrera GT dose not hold the record on the nurburing the ferrari enzo dose enzo i s better in accel cornering breaking top speed which i sbaout 22mph higher than the carrera Gt and can still go much higher dont get me wrong the proche carrera i s an amazing car i love it but your lying to ur self if u tell ur self it's faster than the enzo in anyway

Add your comment to this topic!