Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Question on a 1998 Corvette

NOS_racerX
06-04-2004, 09:29 AM
currently i am about to paint a 98 silver corvette from maisto... i was wondering if it would look wrong if a 98 corvette had a hood scoop... see i think it would look nice but i dont know if that would be out of that time period... i did some research on it on google and every other thing and all i got was where i could buy stock corvette hoods and crap like that... so if someone could tell me that would be great
BTW i dunno if hood scoop is prope termiage i want the thing that goes out of the hood kinda like this

__ / <- windsheild
____l \_____/
bumper-> /0 ^hood
/
/

ok screw the picture... it rises up out of the hood i guess i should say..

mike@af
06-04-2004, 09:52 AM
Like a cowl hood?

NOS_racerX
06-04-2004, 10:06 AM
Like a cowl hood?
no like a cowl hood reversed... like the one on the subaru WRX
anyone have any suggestions on what color i should paint it?

Gafoto
06-04-2004, 11:19 AM
is the hood scoop the only thing going on there? If it is I would recommend a conservative paint, like silver or black. If you want it to look like some crazy 1960s dragster paint it bright orange or better yet, millenium yellow.

NOS_racerX
06-04-2004, 01:47 PM
is the hood scoop the only thing going on there? If it is I would recommend a conservative paint, like silver or black. If you want it to look like some crazy 1960s dragster paint it bright orange or better yet, millenium yellow.

nah i decided not to put on the hood scoop im just gonna put a spoiler and a dub city sound system...
im gonna paint it racing red with blue checkers on it

Add your comment to this topic!