Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New dude, + east bear s15

Fully_Sick
06-04-2004, 04:00 AM
hey, the names Marko, I'm repping Australia.
Never modelled a car before so I decided its about time to get creative and build something, instead of just staring at the sweet cars here.

So I went to my local hobby store and bought this "1/24 Fujimi east bear s15 kit" [man those license plates are soo cool :uhoh: ]. Mainly because it was cheap[in case I fuck up, which is inevitible] and because s15's are sweet.

Just got 2 questions.

1) Which company [if any] sells rims separetly from the car? and/or which kits come with more than one set of rims?

2) Does anyone have any tips with lowering fujimi cars and/or with making my kit in general?? [the east bear s-15]..

cheers.

p.s: yes, Iam being a bit over the top in wanting to lower and trick out my first model, but the best way to find out is to do it.

GT-Alex
06-04-2004, 04:33 AM
Check out the FAQ and tutorial sections.

labandabonnot
06-04-2004, 04:50 AM
... And welcome!

MPWR
06-04-2004, 09:15 AM
1) Which company [if any] sells rims separetly from the car? and/or which kits come with more than one set of rims?

2) Does anyone have any tips with lowering fujimi cars and/or with making my kit in general?? [the east bear s-15]..

cheers.

Welcome! We generally don't make a policy of discriminatimg against Aussies. :aus: :wave:

Fujimi makes several sets of replacement rims and tires, generally with a set of large Brembo brakes included. All of these should be an easy direct fit on your car. Finding them may be a challange, and availiblity varies greatly worldwide. Ordering online tends to be a great way around this.

Lowering cars depends mostly on the kit in question and your creativity. Some Fujimi kits have both front and rear wheels mounted on a solid axle- these are easy, just carve out a bit of plastic out from that the slots the rod passes through the underbody through. The vast majority of kits, however, are a bit more complicated. There is no single correct, or even univerally accepted way to do the trick. the FAQ's and How-to's may give you some ideas.

Body kits tend to be tend to be easy to do, but sometimes difficlut to do so they look right. Best thing to do is get several decent pics of the kit you're trying to recreate, or at least are similar to the look you think you're trying for. For your first go, try to keep it simple and concentrate on symetry and blending contours smoothly into the body, and leave the great big ground scraping front spoilers for your second or third kit.

Good luck!

mike@af
06-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Welcome! I think the people above have pretty much covered your questions.

Also, please refrain from using the "f" word, people children read these boards.

MPWR
06-04-2004, 09:57 AM
Also, please refrain from using the "f" word, people children read these boards.

You mean, *ujimi? :sly:

mike@af
06-04-2004, 10:26 AM
You mean, *ujimi? :sly:

:lol: The one Tonio doesnt like...rhymes with duck.

freakray
06-04-2004, 10:32 AM

Tonio doesn't like hockey? What's wrong with a puck? :screwy:

:icon16:

Welcome Fully_sick :smokin:

Sigmaman
06-04-2004, 04:10 PM

I thought he meant fire truck.

Wlcome to AF.Groovy to see more Aussies here.

Fully_Sick
06-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Cheers for the welcome!!

Sorry about the swearing I'll refrain from that in the future, and cheers MPWR for the tips. Ill try and find the wheels online but ill also check my hobby store first as it has a LOT of rare models [eg sileghtys, 7th skylines, chaser's, etc].

p.s:

Do they make Australian car models, eg commy's, falcon's, etc??

cheers
:smokin:

TanKaBoY
06-05-2004, 04:04 AM
welcome!
YA S15 rock!! BUT only after RX-7's!! and skylines!! =)

ImolaEK
06-05-2004, 04:46 PM
Welcome to AF!

Add your comment to this topic!