Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

CAMSHAFTS AND GEARS

X2BOARD
05-13-2001, 06:26 PM
97 LS Daily Street driver:

I am thinking about getting new cams and cam gears, I have seen many ads and claims from Gude, JG, Crower, Crane, Webcams...etc....

Any of you have cams out there ?

Any stories ? Any recommendations ? Any horror stories ?

:monkeypis: :bathroom:

enzo@af
05-13-2001, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I have cams. Two of them. My car wouldn't run without 'em:D

GOD
05-13-2001, 08:52 PM
if you wanna know about all of this stuff im thinkin you should read up on the latest issue of superstreet ..its out on newstands now .

JD@af
05-13-2001, 09:03 PM
It all depends on what direction you want to go with your car. Turbo, supercharger, all motor, nitrous. From there, I can make camshaft recommendations for you.

For cam gears, I'd go with Skunk2 gears. They have six connection points, as opposed to three that AEM cam gears have. This is important, as cam gears slipping can cost big bucks if they slip a few degrees and a piston bends a valve.
And what other mods have you done to your car? For power increases, new cams are way down my recommended list for power upgrades. It's a lot of money for usually modest horsepower increases.

Nickkzx
07-24-2001, 02:50 PM
Drop in a B16 Si head and it will be smoking stock GSRooo's

ANACC2NV
11-09-2001, 01:44 PM
humm if your a daily driver i say get either the ITR or CTR cams or the Skunk2's with the cam gears... and get them tuned on a dyno..
also if you want the most out of the setup you will need to get a Apexi VAFC

NSX
11-09-2001, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by ANACC2NV
humm if your a daily driver i say get either the ITR or CTR cams or the Skunk2's with the cam gears... and get them tuned on a dyno..

go with the ctr over the itr

ANACC2NV
11-09-2001, 02:03 PM
ya they have a bit more lift and duration...you should see about 1-2 hp more..

92b16si
01-31-2004, 12:13 AM
hey i have some skunk2 stage 2 with skunk2 camgears like new have at most 5k e-mail me if interested at hatchbackb16si@aol.com

whtteg
01-31-2004, 09:59 AM
go with the ctr over the itr

ya they have a bit more lift and duration...you should see about 1-2 hp more..
hey i have some skunk2 stage 2 with skunk2 camgears like new have at most 5k e-mail me if interested at hatchbackb16si@aol.com

Do you people care to read???? Not one set of cams you guys suggested will work for him! He has a LS.
On topic I have a set of Crower 62404's , now thwy have a slight lope at idle (ahh sounds great to me ;) ) they make awesome power in the uper rpm range. If you are wanting a smoother idle then I would sugest the Crower 62403's they have a smooth idle, but don't make near as much HP as the 62404's do. I have seen dyno graphs of people with the 403's putting around 160whp down, which is respectable for a LS with the stock rev limit and stock pistons etc. Get some higher compressin pistons and P&P the head then install the 404's, tune it with a safc or hondata and you could see 200whp easily IMO.
P.S all of this is if you are wanting to stay N/A if FI is in your future then drop to the Crower 62402T's. Well thats my :2cents: on the topic.

HTRtech
02-01-2004, 12:59 PM
97 LS Daily Street driver:

I am thinking about getting new cams and cam gears, I have seen many ads and claims from Gude, JG, Crower, Crane, Webcams...etc....

Any of you have cams out there ?

Any stories ? Any recommendations ? Any horror stories ?

:monkeypis: :bathroom:

So what is the plan? forced or N/A or possibly nos?

95TegSE
02-01-2004, 03:04 PM
The post was made almost three years ago guys....

Add your comment to this topic!