Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Need new clutch...any suggestions

YellowITR479
06-03-2004, 01:16 PM
The throwout bearing is going on my car and I need to replace my clutch, flywheel etc. I dont really care about streetability as much as I care about having a bad ass clutch. Im kinda looking for a whole clutch-axle setup. Anybody know any reputable manufacturers that produce a clutch-axle setup for the integra?.....I know the cost is probably gonna be around $2000.00.

civickiller
06-03-2004, 01:37 PM
stock clutch :screwy:

plz give us more info, like how much hp you putting down, how much street time vs how much track time, etc

YellowITR479
06-03-2004, 05:50 PM
Nah...clutchmasters stage 3....hp....? probably over 320......street time vs track time......aint no difference when IM driving. The car will probably see the track every other weekend when its open....im not exactly an angel on the street....thinking about an stg 4 or 5 or comparitable

ac gsr
06-04-2004, 05:10 PM
i have a stage three clutchmaters with a stage 4 pressure plate and a exedy 8.9 pound flywheel and my fucken head snaps back and i feel like im about to go to the moon. Don't go too light on the flywheel unless you can do flywheel swaps at will and you have the dough. My flywheel is probably a little too light but my rev time is off the hook. Oh yea and i have a 99 gsr so it will have the same effects. If you have the dough to buy a new flywheel every two or three years, granted you dont drive it into the ground, go with a aluminum flywheel with a interchangable center cuz youll only have to change the center and not the whole thing....it weighs less for faster revs.

YellowITR479
06-04-2004, 06:12 PM
neck snappin...sounds like fun

maxspeedhonda
06-04-2004, 07:02 PM
neck snappin...sounds like fun
tilton twin disc is the best money can buy, though they start at around $1200.
Any twin disc clutch (clutchmasters also makes one) should work really good for you. You will prob never make more power than those things can hold.
Get yourself some driveshaftshop or gator racing stage 3+ axles.

YellowITR479
06-05-2004, 01:08 AM
almost bought some driveshaft axles off ebay for buy it now 600...stg 3. $1200.00, ouch damn these cars are expensive...like money pits. Glad i dumped my girl

Add your comment to this topic!