Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Hey can anyone help out with haltech?

Nyz28rx7
06-03-2004, 07:30 AM
Ok so I finally get my car running after countless hours of playing with haltech E6X. 5 hours of rewiring later, i find out that all i had to do was switch a setting (the teeth output or something like that from 3-11) on the computer which the people i called and also people i talked to in forums had no clue. So I stumbled upon this setting by myself. So after that I loaded one of my friends maps who has the same stuff in his car that I do. So I use that and I get my car idling a few times, until i manually shut the car off. The problem is now, that the car is going through spark plugs like crazy. And I have a feeling its the amount of feul getting to them. When I have the car idling and I try to lower it through the computer, the car just shuts off. Does anyone have any idea of what to do at this point? If someone could help out it would be great, thanks!

flex339
06-03-2004, 12:48 PM
I'd suggest a wideband O2 sensor. If you don't have one of those you're shooting in the dark basically. Even if your friend has the same stuff on his car every engine is a little different tuning wise. Get that O2 sensor and then you can see what your actually doing.

Add your comment to this topic!