Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 3.2 4x4 auto rear antilock light?

Shen
06-03-2004, 06:08 AM
The rear antilock light and brake light on instrument cluster comes on every morning and stays on until I get to work which is aprox. 15 miles, but does not come on when I leave in the evening. Also in the morning when I press the brake pedal, the sileniod or whatever clicks that lets you take the vehicle out of park when you press the brake continues to click every time I press the brake while driving. All of these symptoms go away when start the vehicle in the evening. Any ideas as to the cause?

rwa
06-04-2004, 03:12 PM
I am having the same problem, although mine will stay on just about all the time now. Originally it started off only appearing once in a while. I am hoping others have seen/fixed this particular issue and are willing to share information. My next plan was to investigate trouble codes.

Dober89
06-04-2004, 03:19 PM
When my ABS light was acting up it turned out that I needed brakes.

rwa
06-04-2004, 03:30 PM
When my ABS light was acting up it turned out that I needed brakes.

When the problem first surfaced, I was in need of rear brakes anyway. I actually had them replaced as well as having the brake system flushed. About two weeks after having the work done, it surfaced again. I thought there was just air in the lines - the brake shop kindly flushed the system again checking for air, to no avail. It almost seems more of an electrical issue than mechanical, but again I have no idea and thats why I turned here. Thanks for the reply though!

Shen
06-05-2004, 07:10 AM
Same here, new brakes all the way around, still have the problem

95.5 Rodeo
06-05-2004, 01:03 PM
What helped me diagnose the problem was that the brakes were occasionally pulsing at "parking lot speeds" of about 10 MPH. I thought the speed input to the system was off. That led me to check the ABS speed sensor. Sure enough, mine was open. No codes were set in the computer for me to retreive, the RrABS lamp on the instrument cluster would light up.

On my Rodeo, it is a rear wheel ABS system with the sensor mounted on top of the rear differential. The Chilton manual lists a resistance value of 900 - 2000 ohms for a good sensor. Check it with a ohmmeter when the problem is occuring and see what your sensor measures. The part was $70.00 at the dealer and took about 20 minutes to install.

Good luck,
Dale

Shen
06-07-2004, 02:38 PM
thanks for the replies, will check the abs sensor

T2kind
09-13-2004, 05:31 PM
I'm a newbie to this forum...
Yes, it sounds like your ABS sensor has gone south. I replaced mine twice ($80.00 each). You can simply replace it yourself to save some labor cost. When ABS sensor goes out, your computer can't tell how fast the car is going, and might send the wrong signal to the brake system, and the ABS will not function properly. ABS sensor is located at the rear axle. Good luck..

loydt
10-07-2004, 09:00 AM
I have a 1994 4x4 pickup and my rear abs light and my brake light are on all the time. I could care less about the ABS, I may just pull the fuse but why is my brake light on? I just did a complete brake job so that is not it? When I release the emergency brake, it just gets dimmer??

loydt
10-07-2004, 09:04 AM
Where is the fuse, anyway.

Not labeled in either fuse box?

loydt
03-04-2005, 08:54 AM
Anybody know where my ABS sensor on my 94 4x4 pickup would be?

Rear end?

Add your comment to this topic!