Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 Accord Rear Bumper

Jim Borgan
06-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Can anyone tell me how to remover the rear bumper or ahare a schematic that depicts the removal. Thanks much. Jim.

StealthSonic
06-02-2004, 09:52 PM
Easy, all you need is Minus screw driver and 10mm socket wrench.

First open your trunk.

Remove the plaststick screws at the latches area (the huge plastick trim that connects between the trunk carpet and the rear bumper) with screw driver. I forgot what kind of plastic screw I have on my accord, if you see a place that you can stick screw driver to it, then do that. If the plastick screw has a flat head than you have to yank it out from the side, you should see a place that you can yank it with the minus screw driver, dun yank the plastick ring around it, you might break the screw.

Remove the nuts at the tip of the bumper with 10mm socket wrench (the connection line between the bumper and the rare wheel) Is inside the trim, u won't miss it. There is one nut on each side.
Remove more plastick screws under the bumper (under the car)

To completely take out the bumper, there are plastic snap on lock on each side of the bumper, you might have to use a little bit force to get it lose, then u can pull the entire bumper out.

When you putting it back, be very gently when you are sliding the bumper back, you the side of the bumper might scratch the quater panel like i did X.x ouch!

Have fun :D

Add your comment to this topic!