Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Advice on windows

Chains
06-02-2004, 01:17 PM
Ok I just painted 3 windows with spray paint and i really jakked em up what should I do to fix them??

Ive tried sanding them by the way.

mel_carramel
06-02-2004, 01:24 PM
u cant really sand them.. it will spoil it.. simple advice.. dump it.. and get a new one.. there's nothing much really u can do.. unless u can built it scratch..

Chains
06-02-2004, 01:28 PM
I cant quit, number one cause Im not gonna give up on a window and I dont have anything to replace them.

mike@af
06-02-2004, 01:29 PM
Why did you post this in two sections?

Anyway try CSC or brakefluid to strip the paint. However you sanded it, you may need to buy a whole new kit to replace the window

Renegade
06-02-2004, 03:35 PM
I have been testing this kind of problems.
First of all you will have to strip the paint - try one of the methods Mike mentioned.
Than when the paint is striped sand the windows with at least 1200 grit or even better 2000 grit.
After that you should get some rubbing compound and polish the windows. Polishing could take up to 20 minutes. But the result will be clear windows. So clear as the original was. Just make sure it has no dends or holes.

My testing was like this. I used 1200 grit sand paper and sanded the windows to make it totaly dull or hazy. After about 15 mintes of intense polishing the shine or better said transparency was again there.

bigford550
06-03-2004, 04:50 AM
i have a old tamiya f-16 plane any the
canapy was molded with 4 mold lines in
it one lenthwise and one widthwise i
sanded it with 2000 grit then polished
it with tooth paste and a soft rag it needs
tobe paste not gel the tooth paste trick
was told to me by a pro modeler after polishing
dip the window in future floor polish
it worked on the cockpit it will work on your window

Add your comment to this topic!