Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What I hate it when decal makers don't check for references

joelwideqvist
06-02-2004, 07:33 AM
Got my Renaissance transkit for the Panizzi Turqey Peugeot 206 WRC 2003 the other week, just to notice that one of the largest decals are in the wrong color. Not just a wrong shade of yellow but white...

The decale is the roof "206" numbers and they will be pretty visible when applied... A bit frustrating.

http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/500/178501takmindre.jpg

Found another decal sheet for that car, made by a company called ALL MODEL. Anyone know anything about their quality?
Regards
Joel

mike@af
06-02-2004, 10:12 AM
That does suck. Let the decal sit for about 5 years and it will yellow :lol:

Sorry I cant really help you out though, I'll try to think of something.

joelwideqvist
06-02-2004, 01:01 PM
That's ok Mike :smile: Just needed to wine a bit over my frustration. I've ordered another set from the manufacturer I mentioned and hopefully that's enough to solve the problem. Otherwise I could allways scan the white one and make it yellow in Photoshop.
Joel

dag65
06-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Often there are many variations on the same car, so in one pic it may be white and another yellow, or even in a different place

RallyRaider
06-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Unfortunately this sort of thing is normal for aftermarket decal sheets. Renaissance are usually one of the better ones but still get it wrong from time to time.

I believe All Model are another name for Reji, they are okay but not great, quite likely you will find something amiss with their sheet too. If they have the correct yellow decal for the roof then thay are definitely worth a shot. Combining two differnt decal sheets is the only way to be accurate most of the time :banghead:

P.S. Sorry for not replying to your email sooner, Joel. Wil get back to you ASAP.

joelwideqvist
06-03-2004, 01:25 AM
Dag65; Sure thing, many times that could be it but this sheet is for a single driver car and it is said to mirror the livery that was used in the Turqish rally. And that's not the case now. It's ok to fix it one of these ways (new sheet or ps) but it is a bit frustrating.
I'm ok with a marking that is not perfect in size and that sort of thing all of us do mistakes.

Rallyrider; not a problem at all :)

/joel

Add your comment to this topic!