Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tool to remove door panel

pizzaman2004
06-02-2004, 04:22 AM
I have a 1993 Buick LeSabre. I have a bad door lock and want to remove the door panel on the driver side. Does anyone know what tool is used to remove it and where I might get one.

Jed Rule
06-02-2004, 08:19 AM
Getting the panel off is the easy part. You can get the tool at any parts store. Don't miss the screw behind the red courtesy lite on the end of the armrest. Wait till you try to get the lock actuator out. You have to remove the whole latching assembly. Difficult but not impossible. Read the directions carefully in order to properly index the new actuator.

rustbucket
12-29-2005, 02:17 PM
Trying to replace lock actuator on 99 lesabre.
OK, I got the latching assembly loose, but how do you get it out? It attaches to 4 metal rods that I havent figured out how to get un attached. Also, where do you get instructions for doing this job?

cheesep
12-30-2005, 11:41 PM
OK, I got the latching assembly loose, but how do you get it out? It attaches to 4 metal rods that I havent figured out how to get un attached. Also, where do you get instructions for doing this job?

Check this link. Find your car and look under Specification Charts

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=RG001&UserAction=viewRepairGuideYMMEYear

Loekee75
12-31-2005, 01:06 AM

The connecting rods are attached to the latch with plastic clips. You simply twist these and pull them back (they stay attached to the rods) then the rod are snapped into a small groove in the latch assembly. The hardest part is not being able to see in there very well to do the job. Once you have the rods disconnected, you can disconnect the wiring a lot easier from the assembly and pull it right out.

Add your comment to this topic!