Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

JL 12W6 vs RE SE 12

aznxthuggie
06-01-2004, 11:49 PM
hey guys, i've heard the 12w6 many MANY MANY times, and it sounds really good, a lil pricy but its well worth it, i have been looking at RE subwoofers for awhile, and i realize that the SE is all i need (i simply have no need for something as powerful as the XXX/SX) if any of you have experience with both, now the question again, WHICH IS BETTER? they both have the same price (almost) but the RMS of the SE is about 2X of the 12w6, and truthfully i haven't heard the RE SE's before, so i really have no idea, but im just going to guess if everyone and their mom has a RE XXX that their other subwoofers should be good yes? anyways thx i just want to know whats good before i buy

o and i'll be using a sealed box for either sub, and probably 300rms each for the JL's, and 500rms each for the SE

Haibane
06-02-2004, 10:27 PM
I love my HC which was the notch about the SE where the SX is now. They are different speakers, try and find a dealer. Contact RE so you can hear both.

sr20de4evr
06-02-2004, 10:57 PM
w6 would have better sound quality, SE would get louder

Different strokes for different folks

aznxthuggie
06-02-2004, 11:36 PM
well im really looking for 2 sq subwoofers, and im thinking of running 300rms per sub, i know the alpine type R sounds ok, the 12w6 sounds clean for sure, never heard the SE, i thought it was a quality oriented subwoofer, anyways if you guys got any subs in mind under $200 for each sub, i would really appreciate it =)

CarSuperfreak
06-03-2004, 06:57 AM
I've got an Elemental Design sub on its way right now; it was 105 + shipping. If youre willing to wait another few weeks, you can preorder the new Kv.2 for 90, which starts shipping end of june

www.edesignaudio.com

sr20de4evr
06-05-2004, 10:44 PM
never heard the SE, i thought it was a quality oriented subwoofer

From all the opinions I've read and the specs on their site, most of their stuff is more SPL oriented (though they do sound good, just not killer sound quality good) except for the XXX.

Add your comment to this topic!