Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Transmission Problem??

JLP 2K
06-01-2004, 11:11 PM
My father and i have been trying to figure this problem out for a long long time and the dealers are stumped and not much of a help to us...

so i am turnin to you guys

We have a 1997 VW Eurovan with 51,000 miles on it..its been great to u..brought us cross country, to florida numerous times and on lotsa roadtrips..

but now its just not workingg well and we have dropped a lot of money bringing it to the dealers and they can not find any thing wrong with it

The Problem:
When we slow down and we wanna regain speed, it takes forever to kick down and the transmission is really slow to kick in..therefore the car jerks and we do not pick up speed

What we think is the solution:
After talking to some people we are thinking of changing the Transmission Fluid because maybe after so much high speed traveling (the van is soo comfortable @ 80+mph) that might of affected it..

the dealer said "we shouldnt have to do that" but we think it might help, because it is a great car but if its still freakin out like this, we might just get rid of it cuz its useless when u cant pick up speed..

IM BEGGING FOR YOUR HELP :)...wat to you think the problem is and what do you think we should do...

***joseph***

Add your comment to this topic!