Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

any girlz do drifting out there?

c32b1 NSX
06-01-2004, 08:55 PM
and what car do u use where do u drift? lol just wonderin! :rofl:

SilverY2KCivic
06-01-2004, 11:54 PM
www.nadine180.com

I'd say 95% that I know that drift, use 240SX's (S13 or S14 chassis). I do know of a girl that drifts in an AE86 (Hachi Roku) coupe.

XxTurboMr2qtxX
06-11-2004, 08:00 PM
My mk2!! RWD and turbo

darkprincess0330
06-22-2004, 03:55 PM
I do not personally know how to drift, I would love to learn. I do know of a site though, it is called www.driftingpretty.com

teggirlierracer
07-02-2004, 08:54 AM
can some please explain what is drifting Im new if you cant tell?

civicgrl
07-06-2004, 12:00 AM
can some please explain what is drifting Im new if you cant tell?

Normally you would drift using a car with rear-wheel drive (you can drift in a car with front-wheel as well, it's just much more difficult). You basically take a hard turn around a corner going as fast as you can without loosing control.

To drift, you accelerate when approaching a turn to get the tires to break traction and the rear end fishtails. You can use your e-brake to drift as a novice. However, professional drifters use their regular breaks and downshifting.

SilverY2KCivic
07-06-2004, 03:14 AM
Normally you would drift using a car with rear-wheel drive (you can drift in a car with front-wheel as well, it's just much more difficult). You basically take a hard turn around a corner going as fast as you can without loosing control.

To drift, you accelerate when approaching a turn to get the tires to break traction and the rear end fishtails. You can use your e-brake to drift as a novice. However, professional drifters use their regular breaks and downshifting.

Actually the pros use Ebrake too, but it's mainly to carry out the drift and control the angle of it, and some depending on the car use it to initiate as well. About the only pro cars that DON'T seem to need any Ebrake are the 4door Skylines (Nomura's car) and the 4 door Toyota Chasers. All the others use Ebrake from in-car camera videos that I've seen.

XxTurboMr2qtxX
07-06-2004, 09:39 AM

Drifting IS LOSING CONTROL OF YOUR CAR...but at the same time you are somewhat taking control of it

snowman2005
07-06-2004, 09:45 AM
Drifting IS LOSING CONTROL OF YOUR CAR...but at the same time you are somewhat taking control of it

that kinda false. drifting is teh lost of traction of the rear wheels while maintainig traction of the front

XxTurboMr2qtxX
07-06-2004, 03:12 PM
thats what im saying.. :loser: ...lol..losing control of it..but in a way not till u kill urself..lol

joebowlr21
07-06-2004, 03:18 PM
There is a forum for this kind of stuff............just that most people don't like to visit it:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=210595

Search those forums for the definition of drift.You will realize that you don't kno as much as you thought.

XxTurboMr2qtxX
07-06-2004, 07:27 PM
Lol...next

darkprincess0330
07-06-2004, 09:14 PM
This is true, however it is okay to talk about it in this forum as well.

*HondaAngel*
07-08-2004, 11:30 AM
I dont know alot, but here's what i do know (or think i know)
For the one who said loss of control...
Your right, it looks like they lose all control of their car on purpose, slide it sideways, and then regain control in the end. The illusion of "loss of control" is what makes drifting so exciting, although in order to drift a veihicle you have to have complete control of it. It takes refined skill to master the drift and it doesnt come easy. A true drifter initiates and controls the drift throughout the slide using gas, steering, and breaking (including ebrake to correct angles).

thats kinda false. drifting is the lost of traction of the rear wheels while maintainig traction of the front

Yes, you have the right idea but acctually the front wheels tend to lose traction as well, thats where counter steering comes into play (plus there are such things as 4wheel drifts too :) ). The front wheels steer the car and the gas on the rear ones propel it. Thats why you cant fully drift a Front Wheel Drive Car, the wheels that steer are also the drive wheels. FF cars rarely gain anything from the slide because instead of maintaining speed, the rear wheels drag and it slows the car down.

Drifting, as a refined technique (diffrent motorsports use it too in moderation), originated from the mountains of japan where they used to race their cars down the mountain passes. At first it was seen as dangerous and racers avoided it at all costs. Then they figured out that if they could continue a slide around a corner, they could maintain a faster entry and exit speed, thus cutting time off their run. From there they practiced in the streets and it became a thing of show, which spread to here. It is caused by induced oversteer along with a weight transfer to the front wheels causeing the back end to lighten and slide. "An object in motion tends to stay in motion" so if you set up the slide correctly you slide along the same line your car was heading in the first place, just at a diffrent angle. once the angle of the corner matches the angle of the car, counter steering and throttle have allowed the car to exit the corner smoothly and at full throttle.

basically.
lol, anyways thats some of my knowledge on the matter, but i love drifting and i promote and work for many drift events including Driftshowoff and formulaD, its great so check it out!!
-kk

PS. as for drifting myself, i'm learning, i used my ff civic to learn the dynamics by useing weight transfer and have had some seat time in other FR cars. Soon i'll have one but that will come as soon as i get the money...

chixSI
08-03-2004, 09:12 AM
SLIDE OR DIE :naughty: love to drift even though i don't do it in my car. I usually use my boyfriend's T67 Turbo MR2 with LSD. That's the car that i first dirfted with. It's alot easier to drift with LSD. The first time I dirfted with his car without LSD it was pretty hard, then he got LSD and i dirfted beautiful. It's much fun!

SpasticMonkey85
08-06-2004, 06:20 PM
A drift is also called a controlled slide. So it has nothing to do with losing control, only losing traction.

nivekwilson
08-24-2004, 06:00 AM
*HondaAngel* i couldnt have told it better but chixsi how could u drift in a mr2 #1 its a mid engine rwd #2 the front is soo light that it has too much under steer #3 also the only way you could doo it is if u had a lot of power to the back wheels trust me i own a mr2

chixSI
08-24-2004, 09:10 AM
sorry, but if you own a MR2 then you know that yes they can drift. I mean they aren't the best cars to drift in because they are evenly balanced, but it can happen. All i'm saying about this is that the MR2 was the first car i learned how to drift in. I drive a honda civic and i wanted to learn how to drift so my boyfriend gave up his car so i can get the hang of it. Plus i have a friend who is sponsored by Falken and he drives a S14 i'm sure you've seen his car, it's in every magazines and every event that involves drifting. I've drifted in his car a couple of times.

XxTurboMr2qtxX
08-24-2004, 11:51 AM
sorry, but if you own a MR2 then you know that yes they can drift. I mean they aren't the best cars to drift in because they are evenly balanced, but it can happen. All i'm saying about this is that the MR2 was the first car i learned how to drift in. I drive a honda civic and i wanted to learn how to drift so my boyfriend gave up his car so i can get the hang of it. Plus i have a friend who is sponsored by Falken and he drives a S14 i'm sure you've seen his car, it's in every magazines and every event that involves drifting. I've drifted in his car a couple of times.

are you talking about NEIL with the orange 240??...that shit is sick..I'M a MKII owner...yes it cannot drift like a rx7 or 240 b.c of it's under steer..but with its power capability it can be done...i would know.

chixSI
08-24-2004, 11:56 AM
nope it's not NEIL, i live in Maryland so different person. But yeah, you know what i'm talking about, it can be done...i guess it's cuz us girls know how to do it. :iceslolan

Add your comment to this topic!