Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Rendezvous - French Director, Claude Lelouch, V-12 Ferrari through streets of Paris

kero
01-20-2002, 09:46 PM
Rendezvous - I have the full 9 minute movie but in very poor resolution that i found on some web site.

I have searched long and hard for this classic. Does anyone have/or know where I can get a better copy of this video off the web.

---------------------------------
This is what i know about it:

It from the late 60's early 70's

"Rendezvous- French Director, Claude Lelouch, strap a camera to the front of his V-12 Ferrari (Ferrari 275 GTB) and let him run rampant through the streets of Paris. He uses sidewalks for streets, is color-blind to red lights and blurs by pedestrians. The sound of the exhaust booming off the buildings, the view as he eclipses 100 mph on city streets, this is a mix of sound and sight that should not be missed. It is an adrenaline rush of a ride that just plain blows you away. No Hollywood, no stunts, no one else, just you and the Ferrari. "

Claude was in Paris shooting a conventional movie when he got the crazy idea to shoot this silly mad dash across the city. He robbed a fully gyro-stabilized camera mount from the front of a camera truck and grafted it onto the front of (his own?) Ferrari. Nobody knows who the driver was, but it's a safe bet that it was probably a professional.

Anyway it will give you something to look for.....

Cheers
Kero

shrubchild
01-21-2002, 11:35 PM
wow! this sounds like a really great video. kinda like the getaway in stockholm series only more traffic and pedestrians, whereas when they did stockholm it was pretty much empty.

i really hope someone can find this vid. id love to see it.

-Shrub

kero_c
01-25-2002, 11:56 PM
here is a link to a web page that has the same low quality version i have.

http://www.techdroid.com/~3000gt/vid.html

cheers
Kero

cracker196
03-22-2002, 09:36 PM
You can buy it on VHS for 50 bucks, but that is about the only other place you'll find it. Someone let me know if it ever comes out on DVD, although I doubt it is worth the disk space for 9 minutes. The quality is not any better on VHS because he shot the movie with a 16mm camera.

Add your comment to this topic!