Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What's the difference between a the GT and GT-1 trim levels?

DaveSev
06-01-2004, 03:01 PM
Suspension enhancements? Wheels?

Also, as to not whore up space, would Corvette C5 wheels be flush with the fenders? I have no idea what they would look like, and I don't know anything really about calculating offsets and that junk.

CarSuperfreak
06-02-2004, 07:21 AM
as far as I know, the only thing the GT-1 adds is the "ram-air" hood; which isnt in fact, even functional. Pretty stupid idea if you ask me....

DaveSev
06-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Ah, so that's why I always see those hoods on Grand Ams. At first I thought they were just a very popular aftermarket part, then I saw it on Pontiac's website and I got confused. Thanks.

AznGA
06-03-2004, 12:50 AM
GT1 gets standard 6-way power driver seat and steering wheel radio buttons. You can get ram air hood with GT.

Pvt_Murphy
06-03-2004, 04:12 PM
it's actualy the ram air scoop and not the hood. the two top grilles are smaller and go direct to the engine; there's also another intake underneath the air filter. also i think leather and sunroof and power seats are std on gt1, least in 2001 they were

AznGA
06-03-2004, 10:44 PM
I have a 2002 GT. It also has this "option package" that includes Monsoon Audio, Sunroof, and chrome rims. But I do not have leather, 6-way power driver seat, and steering wheel radio buttons. Stuff that I don't need.

CarSuperfreak
06-04-2004, 07:46 AM
it's actualy the ram air scoop and not the hood. the two top grilles are smaller and go direct to the engine; there's also another intake underneath the air filter. also i think leather and sunroof and power seats are std on gt1, least in 2001 they were

go pop the hood on one with the "ram-air" inlets on the hood. they are non-functional. two solid pieces of plastic are all thats there; this is only an appearance option

Pvt_Murphy
06-04-2004, 02:02 PM
i'm not talking about the hood; i mean the front bumper inlets; the two top ones; the ones above the radiatorones , my bad; i know the ram air hood is bs cuz there isnt a single ram air system that uses it. oh yeah; i got the chrome rims and monsoon too.

Add your comment to this topic!