Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Poll: What should I do next to my car?

YellowITR479
06-01-2004, 01:30 PM
Looking for a lil feedback...im lost

Beyond Imagination
06-01-2004, 01:48 PM
work on the head since it's stock

civickiller
06-01-2004, 02:09 PM
i agree work on head

PunkAlex
06-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Gut that motherfucker! tegs are fat slobs....in comparison to other hondas ha ha...seriously though its the cheapest up there and has guaranteed results w/o any chance of failure

hotbegel
06-01-2004, 03:26 PM
if you're looking for straight horsepower, (and this isn't my first choice) but the fastest, easiest, and probably best gain per buck is going to be the big shot of N2O. a turbo that big might take 4 or 5 days to spool, haha. with a tubular manifold, the most gain you're going to see is in engine bay heat. a liquid intercooler isn't going to show much improvement either. new injectors are only really overkill for what you're running, but you'd need them anyway if you were going to throw a big ol nitrous bottle in the trunk, and gutting the car means no chicks riding along. i agree with the first two guys. work on the head. there's nothing wrong with a bombproof, crack smokin' redline. just watch your cam selection, it can really screw you over.

out of curiosity, how do you like that quaiffe LSD. i have a kaaz in mine, and it's the poo.

YellowITR479
06-01-2004, 05:29 PM
Quaife is great....car launches str8 as an ---->. I was def leaning towards bigger injectors....440 cc is kinda petite for what im running....i went onto RC's website and did their lil math thingy and it can up that i need 550+ cc injectors.....looking for 400 hp @ 18lb...i can do it...i just need more fuel....i dunno...thank you all for your feedback

DeleriousZ
06-01-2004, 11:52 PM
i'd have to agree with working on the head, maybe get crazy and do a nasty p&p or something as well as new valvetrain, injectors are cheap, might as well do those too.

on a side note.. alex your art skills are improving:p

YellowITR479
06-02-2004, 12:04 AM
Now I got a new problem.....just put the hondata on which was preprogrammed cause it came off a car w/ the same mods as mine....car runs hard. Almost textbook, very surprised...nothin ever goes righht for me( havent turned the boost up yet). The new problem now my clutch starts to wobble when I hit VTEC (think its the clutch), dont think it has much life left. Its a Clutchmaster stage 3 w/ about 30000 miles on it......thinkin bout gettin a stage 4....anybody think my car will still be streetable?

hotbegel
06-02-2004, 01:43 AM
i'd say as long as you're not sitting in traffic a lot, and you don't mind your left calf being bigger than your right, then it's "streetable." whether or not you wanna do it, is totally up to you man. i mean, eventually, you'll get used to it, but do you want to is the question. if you're doing the work yourself, you might be better off spending 400-500 or so every 30K miles.

PunkAlex
06-03-2004, 09:38 PM
on a side note.. alex your art skills are improving
Taht first rex sketch i had up there was done in like 5 minutes...i spent soem time on this one

Schister66
07-13-2005, 07:09 PM
Get a new car....i don't know what you have, but i'm ditching my 99 GSR w/ only 50k miles for a 2002 Subaru WRX....that's probably a better platform and definately a lot less work.

DeleriousZ
07-13-2005, 07:51 PM
way to go dude... this thread is over a year old... read the date next time

Ace$nyper
07-13-2005, 10:44 PM
Get a new car....i don't know what you have, but i'm ditching my 99 GSR w/ only 50k miles for a 2002 Subaru WRX....that's probably a better platform and definately a lot less work.
someone will be sorley mistaken.

QUICK_EG_B16A
07-18-2005, 05:19 PM
i say gut it and do the headwork. gutting it entirely will only take a day and that's if you're alone. PLUS ITS FREE!!! headwork can get pricey but it's only money right? good luck :cheers:

Mines69Olds
07-20-2005, 01:16 PM
There is a lot you can do to a head. Plus if you get the head done you might wanna invest in a nice cam that will let you use the head to its full capabilities. But it all depends on how far you wanna take this thing.

Add your comment to this topic!