Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

how many of you have done this???

bigford550
05-31-2004, 04:22 PM
i just found a pearlish blue/purple paint for my
raybrig nsx. i poured the paint into my spary
jar,poured in the thinner and started to mix
the paint. after a min or two i noticed the
paint not mixxing to good and found i poured
paint thinner into water based paint :banghead:
luckly i was able to let the paint sit for five min
and the paint settled to the bottom of the jar
i sucked all the thinner out added the right
thinner and sprayed the nsx :banghead: :banghead:

Future Boy
05-31-2004, 04:29 PM
Every model is a learning experience :)

SchuberT
05-31-2004, 05:23 PM
i'm sure many of us modelers have done that... me included

willimo
05-31-2004, 06:08 PM
Not that but I've gone to spray some clear coat and oops... it was black paint.

bvia
05-31-2004, 07:24 PM
I once put Daisy "Golden BB's" into 5 Tamiya acrylic jars, to help mix them up when shaking them. I had gotten so used to doing this with Testor's I didn't find out until too late that the BB's were just coated with brass and were nothing but iron underneath. Iron and water based paints created a nice rusted product that took me forver to figure out why the Tamiya paints were clogging up the airbrush...The BB's had rusted!
ended up being a lesson I'll never forget!..LOL

Bill

DSM-Mark
06-01-2004, 01:01 PM
I once put Daisy "Golden BB's" into 5 Tamiya acrylic jars, to help mix them up when shaking them. I had gotten so used to doing this with Testor's I didn't find out until too late that the BB's were just coated with brass and were nothing but iron underneath. Iron and water based paints created a nice rusted product that took me forver to figure out why the Tamiya paints were clogging up the airbrush...The BB's had rusted!
ended up being a lesson I'll never forget!..LOL

Bill

ACK!!! I do that. Never even thought of the rusting factor. Does it change the colour of the paint at all, or just clog the airbrush? I don't use an airbrush... I wonder if mine are iron... probably. Mine are Daisy "Max Speed". Anybody know what these are made out of?

bvia
06-01-2004, 04:41 PM
ACK!!! I do that. Never even thought of the rusting factor. Does it change the colour of the paint at all, or just clog the airbrush? I don't use an airbrush... I wonder if mine are iron... probably. Mine are Daisy "Max Speed". Anybody know what these are made out of?

Mark,
I have NO idea, but I'd go ahead and remove them now and strain the paint (I use snippets of the wife's pantyhose) and see what you get.

hth,

Bill

Add your comment to this topic!