emissions retests

nova1313
05-31-2004, 03:27 PM
Lets start with the info:

I live in lehigh county in pennslyvania. I have searched the states website for answers and cannot find my answer. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem before..

I went and found a car I like. However it had failed emissions before and the exempt sticker was purchased (He performed over 150 dollars in repairs). He said however that after the exempt sticker was purchased it could not be retested. This to me seem's dumb because how would you know if you pass the following year?

I don't wish to purchase it and then get shafted when I can't drive it next year. Has anyone had similar problems? Or even better does anyone know more about emmissions tests In PA then I found out? The pdf on there website has some info. And I can't seem to be able to interpret the actual laws at all.

I wasn't quite sure which forum to post this in but I'm about to purchase it so I thought here was fitting.

nova1313
05-31-2004, 10:15 PM
I ended up contacting a mechanic friend and he said they can retest it. and he is doing it for me.

The documentation still isn't clear but the mechanic cleared it up fast.

Add your comment to this topic!