Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What should Chevy's next step be.

dcatkin
05-31-2004, 12:07 PM
I think Chevy needs to think about the mistake that thay made when taking the Camaro out of production. The Camaro is one of the things that made Chevy a force to be reconed with during the on-set of the muscle car era. I mean the Chevelle is no more, the Nova is no more, should Chevy's muscle car harratage just be allowed to die off. It's true we still have that Vette, but when will Chevy kill that too, I've heard roomers about Chevy making it a four family type car, I don't know how true that are, but if not for the Vette Chevy would have no more muscle at all. Disgusting HUH. :screwy:

tanner07
05-31-2004, 09:30 PM
There's still muscle..what about the Monte Carlo SS and Impala?

Oh, wait. :rolleyes:

biglistofmods
06-04-2004, 04:28 PM
monte ss?
that doesn't count. i mean hell it's a supercharged v6. if that were the case the gtp would be a muscle car and we all know that's not the case.
i think chevy's next step should be backwards. build a group of rwd 350 powered 2 door cars.
hell throw in names like nova,chevelle, and of course camaro.
it'll never happen but it would be nice.

CivicSlayr
07-08-2004, 09:03 PM
I think that it would be nice if chevy grabed their head firmly, and pulled it outta thier arse. Killing off the chevelle, mistake number one, :disappoin killing off the nova, mistake number two, :disappoin and finnaly, mistake number three, killig off the camaro. :screwy: Now the only real source off affordable muscle for teens is the rustang, which as we all know is just plain WRONG. :banghead: Now, chevy needs to reintroduce the nova, and make it like a car that is restyled, to look retro, but still kinda round and new, i would like that.

tazz311311
07-08-2004, 10:20 PM
LS1 in the new aveo. i dont know about you, but id buy it

1g1yy
07-13-2004, 10:33 AM
The Camaro will be back in a couple of years. :smile:

The Impala and Monte are FWD -- there is no SS to them as much as GM would like you to believe there is! :grinno:

65Ponchoboy
07-13-2004, 07:42 PM
chevy needs to remake the chevelle bad. come out with a new 8cyl im tired of LT1 this LS1 that do somthing different for once. Make up a totally new frame and body and add a GM crate 454/502 in there and wallah there you go. as for the camaro that one designer made up a draft on what it should look like and i think that is perfect. the nova would really need some creativity.

Musclecarclub
07-14-2004, 04:12 AM
What Chevy should do:

Rename the current Impala the Malibu Maxxxxx and save the nameplate for a real rear driver. Get that GTO/Holden platform, and spin off a four door Impala (they have one in Australia) with the stock 350bhp 5.7 and a SS version with a supercharger. A coupe and convertible would be nice too.

CivicSlayr
07-14-2004, 07:07 PM
It's sad. Even if chevy brought back a muscle car, they would do just like dodge. Price everything out of the reach of the middle class. They need to do what they did back in the day, make a performance car that is affordable for a teen.

pro_am
07-15-2004, 05:49 AM
Chevy=stupid

I dont' know when i happened, but it did happen. I think it goes all the way back to the early 70's when they started thinking, hey there is still a heck of a market out there for an affordable arse kicking muscle car but we'll avoid it at all costs. Admitedly they did throw a couple of cool things in there, but few and far between. Meanwhile Ford puts out Mustang after Mustang, affordable and reasonably quick. Chevy puts out the freaking Monte Carlo. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Why????

I hope that they soon come out of their shell and realize that there is room on the market for a, screw the leather forget the digital dash we don't need power seats, give me the bigger cam option muscle car. Hopefully.
Jake

1g1yy
07-15-2004, 12:27 PM
Just went to the dealer for some warrantee work this morning. They had several of those Malibu Max cars. What an ugly little car!! A Ford Focus drove by as I was looking at the Malibu, and it looked much better than the Malibu.

nova68
07-29-2004, 01:28 PM
have you guys seen the concept car the SS they have it on the chevy website.

macktoschool
07-29-2004, 04:38 PM
Hey, the Boys at chevy are getting better. I worked as a contract Mfg. Eng. in the Body Engineering group for several years. I got to do cool rides like the Cavalier, 97 Malibu (Toad) and the not-so Grand Am. All the cars were too narrow, and high in the back. At least they are improving on their styling. If they don't do a V8, at least dump in a Dual Turbo V6. That would be modern, and fast.

BleedDodge
07-29-2004, 05:57 PM
Chevy should just give up.

07-29-2004, 11:41 PM
I've heard the next version of the monte is supposed to be V8 RWD, i can't remember where though. Sometime in 2006 i think...

Add your comment to this topic!