Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Compressor? -- Squealing?

CyberFyber
05-30-2004, 10:59 PM
Hello,

My 95 Suzuki Sidekick started with its huge high pitched squealing sound everytime I press the gas pedal. This all began after I'd taken the car to a local mechanic for an A/C recharge and such plus A/C belt replacement.....never had the problem beforehand.

Well, didn't realise the problem 'till it was too late to take it back into the garage (though I did let my mech. know by phone). 'and what with the holiday weekend, won't see him again till after the Holiday.

I stopped by a Shell Station and the mech on duty took a look and immediately told me that I'd need a new compressor.

I was wondering if anyone had any input before I confront my mech. first hand with the car and before I go on the prowl for someone to service the car..........again.

Mind you, the car is now a Fridge on wheels, but one I can't use due to the noise and since I don't want to muck things up further.

HELP!

:uhoh: :banghead:

1995 geo tracker
05-30-2004, 11:43 PM
sounds like the belt just needs to be tighten

CyberFyber
05-30-2004, 11:48 PM
That's what I thought.

'but I wonder why did the Shell Guy quickly come up with such an answer? It's not as if they're on commission. Or are they?

1995 geo tracker
05-31-2004, 01:50 AM
he might thought if he told you that then you would get it fixed at his shop , then he would get commission

shconer
08-21-2004, 04:51 PM
acctually the guy who recharged the ac might have overcharged it due to a common problem of compressor inaccuracies. causing extra srain on the drive system causing it to squeal.

Add your comment to this topic!