Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

please help

IIwhitexb0iII
05-30-2004, 11:19 AM
i just finished installing a pioneer deh-p750mp and when testing a cd player, it will play for like a minute and a half to two minutes until turning off and then turning back on to resume play at that same spot that it stopped. the tuner works fine. i hope that this isn't some internal error, which it seems like, but something that i did wrong, that i could fix. thank you very much for any help in advance.
-michael

SickVette
05-30-2004, 11:33 AM
Odd problem you have there. Honestly it sounds like an internal problem but there are a few things you can try first. One...did you install any screws put into the radio while installing it? If you did remove them and try playing the CD again. Next check the constant and switched 12v to make sure you do not loose one of those. It would be the switched lead but you can check both for piece of mind. You can also check the ground lead. Also make sure the power plug on the back of the radio is seated properly.
If it only does it on CD and not tuner it is an internal problem. Does not hurt to check first though.

sr20de4evr
05-30-2004, 01:55 PM
Does it do this at high volume? Low volume? Any volume?

IIwhitexb0iII
05-30-2004, 06:24 PM
any volume really, i know it isn't, but its almost like its overheating. it did it with the tuner today, when i was driving home from work. when i power the system off and then turn the car off, it beeps three times. if you need anything else, please let me know.

-michael

SickVette
05-31-2004, 12:44 AM
The beep is to let you know that the face is attached to the radio and to remove it. You might be able to turn that off otherwise just ignore....everyone else does..lol. As far as the problem since you say it happens with the tuner you should check your connections and power sources.

Are there any speakers connected to this radio?

IIwhitexb0iII
05-31-2004, 10:03 AM
just 4 in the stock locations

Add your comment to this topic!