Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

headlight paint?

justin0717
05-30-2004, 12:18 AM
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=3909&prmenbr=361

I guess this is supposed to be like the headlight covers you can buy, only it doesn't block the light like those do. Anyone ever tried this stuff? I'm thinking about getting some and trying it on like plastic or something and seeing what happens.

grfnkl
05-30-2004, 10:13 AM
I've always wondered where people have gotten that stuff. I've seen in on a lot of cars around my area, but I've never seen the stuff sold in a pep boys or r & s strauss... It makes the lense look black or tinted, when the lights are on you see the light prefectly fine, the darker you make the lense, the light will be darker when lit. I can't say ive personally tried it, but if enough kids were able to do it without screwing there honda, VW Toyota,...etc up i would say it's pretty easy then...

justin0717
05-30-2004, 11:23 AM
I havent seen any cars around here with it, everyone has the covers around here. Im debating on it, because i dont know if it will look good on my car, either with this paint job, or the one im planning. But thanks for your input.

grfnkl
05-30-2004, 12:10 PM
Not a problem.... If you stay with the same color on your car, it would only look good on the tail lights... and you would be better off to get the headlight covers for the front. If you paint the car black, or white, you could go all out with the little reflectors in the bumpers...

ON the other had, if you're creative make a custom headlight eyebrows, or design on the headlights would look cool. I've seen this paint stuff on your year g/a around here... but they only did the taillights....

Add your comment to this topic!