Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

94 Lesabre acts like its running out of gas

chingao81375
05-29-2004, 10:53 AM
I gotta 94 Lesabre and sometimes when i push the accelerator hard it dies. Ive changed the fuel filter and didnt solve anything. Before i really dig into it what should i look for??

matt919
05-29-2004, 07:59 PM
If it happens to hesitate from stops, or stuff of that nature.. I would clean the Mass Airflow Sensor.. if that doesnt solve your problem, It may be the fuel pump?

tman
05-29-2004, 10:24 PM
Try changing the good old spark plugs and wires.

CustomChevyGuy
06-05-2004, 01:34 AM
after u try the above and IF it still doesnt run any better, take it to a Firestone, and tell them about it. ive got a 94, and they've had to replace a number of my computer components. have them check your Ignition Moduel, and maybe even the Main Computer

ive got more details on my webpage here -- > http://www.geocities.com/srbush82/BuickMods.html

cyntax01
06-12-2004, 07:20 PM
I had the same problem when i first got my 92 lesabre... what would happen is when i would try to accellerate from low speeds it would sputter and i would have to pump the gas in order to get it to move quicker --- i changed the spark plugs and wires (GM recommends platium tips) and the problem went away immediately.

hope this helps.

mrmajestyk
06-23-2004, 05:13 PM
I have a 94 LeSabre and I have a 93 LeSabre with almost 200k miles on it, and I ran into this issue and I had to have the gas tank cleaned out and there is a "sock" in the gas tank, which is a screen that filters things out. This sock had to be replaced, and it has run like a top ever since. It started out when I was passing a car and it was like it died, the only way it would run is if it was full of gas, once it was down to a half tank it would not run right. That was over 80,000 miles ago, and it is running perfect.

chingao81375
09-04-2004, 05:31 PM
well it turns out it was an electrical problem...........the ECM apparently had a poltergeist or something and telling the fuel injection to quit shooting gas in the car after it ran for a while, Replaced the computer and it runs like new!!! Thanks for the replies

BADBOY#1
10-21-2006, 12:42 PM
If all of the above doesnt work take the 3 spark plug coils out and mounting plates that hold the coils to the engine. clean all metal surfaces from the braket that bolts to the engine right up to under neath the coils. the coils are grounded thru the engine therefore if there is any corosion the coils will not ground properly.

HotZ28
10-21-2006, 05:59 PM
POSTING IN CLOSED OR OUTDATED THREADS:

Please avoid posting or voting in outdated threads. It merely clutters up the message board and makes it more difficult for fellow members to sort through the vast amount of information contained on the boards.

If you have new and important information to add regarding a past discussion, feel free to start a new thread and if need be, add a link to the original thread.

This thread has been closed, due to the age of the thread (2+ yrs)!

Add your comment to this topic!