Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

i need less bass more sq.

Fewman
05-29-2004, 02:06 AM
I have 2 12"s in the back, and I'm looking to add two more either 6.5"s or 6x9"s to increase sq. I will be hooking them up to something like a 150 watt amp. What's my best bet? I have plenty of bass for my preverences, and I'm really looking for something that will sound clear. Unfortunately, I can't spend more than 100 or so =/. I like the "xplods" but I hear bad things about them... you guys are the pros, what do you recomend?

sofast
05-29-2004, 06:00 AM
If you can find a decent pair of components for that amp you have and the price you want I would do that. You will get great sound. And you will here them clearly with the bass bumpin.

Fewman
05-30-2004, 03:05 AM
What's a component? What do you mean "for that amp"? Like, do they need to match? WIll they be in my price range? Do they come in different sizes? If so, what size should I look for in my target range to increase sq the most?

sofast
05-30-2004, 07:49 AM
This is a set of component speakers. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18800&item=5702232329&rd=1 . You will need an amp to drive them. You will get superior sound quality out of these VS. two or three way speakers

60hz163.5db
05-30-2004, 11:13 AM
eeesshhh well first off if you are actually going for Sound quality components will help your imaging and the stage can be set with an amp. try getting a set of comps up front and some coaxials in the back. put these together with either a 4 channel amp or a two channel on the comps and run the coaxials off the head unit.

Fewman
05-30-2004, 11:32 AM
What is the difference between components and regular speakers? Do they just sound better? Why do they require an amp? Will my 150 watt amp be fine for them (I have a seperate amp for my subs)
Also, I guess I forgot to mention I already have 2 6.5" pioneer primeirs in front. The SQ sounds fine, I just want to increase it a bit. Should I move the 6.5"s to the back and put these components in front?

Icantgetno
05-30-2004, 06:52 PM
COmponents have seperate tweeters and woofers, they are benificial for a bunch of reasons but mainly because high frequency waves (from the tweeters) are more directional than low frequency waves so their location is much more important for where you hear the sound coming from. To improve sound quality I would highly suggest you spend the money on your front speakers, you dont want to have the sound coming from the back stronger than the front, it will drive you nuts. At the moment I have 6.5 components in the front of my CRX and 6.5 inch mid bass drivers in the rear without the tweets, a small car requires much less high frequency.

BTW Please do not use the term sound quality and 6x9 in the same sentence, until they make a speaker cone that is infinitly rigid they will always compromise sound quality simply because of their design.

Add your comment to this topic!