Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

TT supra or RSX?

waterwolves
05-28-2004, 06:30 PM
I knew that would get some of your guys attention. Look I am not going to lie and say I know a lot about cars I don't. I do know that I love Honda's and I like Toyota's just as much. I have seen some Supras for roughly 28G's and a new RSX Type-s goes for roughly 22G's plus mod's that will cost 5-10 grand. So which one would you choose? Obvisouly I am a grown man and I can make up my own mind and I think I already have but I just want to hear some of your guys take on it. Is the Supra reliable?

Skyline_R32_Canada
05-28-2004, 07:01 PM
well if you say you're gonna use the 10 grand u save off the TT on mods for the rsx, then i say the rsx all the way, but if your just looking for a car obviously the supra

crazy_canuck
05-28-2004, 09:00 PM
Depends on what you want from the car. If you need daily driveability, fuel economy, luxury, new car reliability then take the RSX. If you want performance, looks, attention, the supra. The Supra also has more potential. I'd love to have a Supra.....however I need more of a daily driver.

waterwolves
05-28-2004, 09:30 PM
So the supra isn't as reliable? Even if you don't modify it? Interesting.

RSX-S777
05-28-2004, 09:44 PM
I would have to go with the TT Supra, hands down. I love my Type-S, but come on! :) The Supra's fast as hell, plenty reliable and a real head turner to boot. Really no comparison. Don't know if I'd feel comfortable driving it in a blizzard or anything...

waterwolves
05-29-2004, 12:59 PM
Thats another thing. I live in Colorado. We get Blizzards every year almost. If you look at the price though they are comparable after you lower your RSX put rims on it and a few other mods. Both around 28 G's.

RSX-S777
05-29-2004, 01:09 PM
I lived in Colorado a couple years back. The Supra's engine would be much more fun at altitude as the RSX's 4 cylinder would struggle a bit. In that snow however, it would be the RSX all the way. You might pull off the Supra if you lived in Boulder/Denver or East of the mountains, though. You say you think you've already made up your mind. What's your take?

waterwolves
05-30-2004, 01:53 AM
I think I am going to go with the RSX. It is better in the snow. If I got the Supra which is a far superior car I would have to kept my truck and drive when it snowed. The Supra is tempting though. I started to look at the mods you can do to a supra and it got out of my price range real quick.

crazy_canuck
05-30-2004, 07:14 AM
Yeah, if you look at the stuff you can do to the Supra, you're going to want all and you'll go bankrupt :(

RSX-S777
05-30-2004, 07:42 AM
What about the WRX, Waterwolves?

Fastkats
05-30-2004, 09:03 AM
Waterwolves:

I live in Highlands Ranch and commute to Golden daily. I've never had a problem with my RSX, (except last March 36" of snow). We really don't get that much snow to worry about it. When it does snow, as you know, it doesn't stay around very long, a day or two at the most. For a bit more than 28K, go drive the 350Z. Great looks, plenty of power, and I'm sorry, much more fun than the RSX. Your looking at 287hp vs the 200hp from the RSX. To gain the HP that the Z has in the RSX, lots of money. Why don't I have a Z you ask? I have a wife, and she said "absolutely not" all you will do is rack up a bunch of speeding tickets! She's probably right.

crazy_canuck
05-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Actually a few grand and you'll push more than 287, but the Z has more potential. Over here, i've had no problems with my RSX, except for once when I was driving up to the garage and got stuck on some ice. The ground clearance on my stock RSX was too low, so it took a while to get off the 50m strip of ice. But no problems otherwise.

MexSiR
05-30-2004, 06:54 PM
STI or EVOVIII?

waterwolves
05-30-2004, 08:21 PM
What about the WRX, Waterwolves?
I looked at them but it is still not a honda. It is fast but I like the idea of having a lot of reliability.

waterwolves
05-30-2004, 08:25 PM
I think I will wait a few months before I buy one because I have heard that they might be coming out with a new look and maybe a few more HP in the 2005 model. If they don't I might buy a used 2004 that has less then 10000 miles on it and used the 2-3 grand I save buying used to get it new supension and a few other mods. Nothing to crazy I don't want to screww my warranty up.

eclipse2quick21
06-01-2004, 06:14 PM
I think I will wait a few months before I buy one because I have heard that they might be coming out with a new look and maybe a few more HP in the 2005 model. If they don't I might buy a used 2004 that has less then 10000 miles on it and used the 2-3 grand I save buying used to get it new supension and a few other mods. Nothing to crazy I don't want to screww my warranty up.

excuse me for asking, but are you buying this car outright?

waterwolves
06-01-2004, 09:11 PM
No I am not. I am not rich by any means. I have a decent paying job and my wife has a good job also. We don't have any kids and both of the vehicles we own right now are paid off. I guess you could say we are good with our money.

corolla99
06-12-2004, 02:21 PM
supra all the way

YellowITR479
06-13-2004, 08:47 PM
hehe.....you might end up loving that supra more than your wife...watch out

crazy_canuck
06-14-2004, 07:45 AM
And it'll probably be just as expensive. She'd want a diamond ring, the Supra'd need some Blitz rims:D

Add your comment to this topic!