Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

new here from the UK, which one should i buy?

krang
05-28-2004, 02:40 PM
hi all
im new here, from the UK
basically i want some unbiased (or biased) opinions on the two cars i cant decide which to buy! (preferably from uk owners)
i currently own a ford probe 2.5 V6, but im now 25 and want a proper real head turning super car!!
the two cars i have narrowed it down to are the 3000gt/gto or the mazda RX7, went to a car show the other week and i think they are both absoloutly gorgeous (skylines, scoobys, supras not for me really i like something a bit different)
anyway basically which should i get, am looking at a 91 to 93 3000gt/gto TT (mk1 love the flip up lights!!) or a 95 RX7 (Nreg)
the gtos are all about 6k roughly for a half decent one and the RX7 i saw for sale (also n reg) was 8495 with 72k on clock (in black as it should be!!)
whats the pros and cons? which should i get (having had a probe lol)
craig

kman10587
05-29-2004, 10:59 AM
Well, with the RX-7, repairs are going to be very expensive because it's a rotary, but it's the better sports car. The GTO is very cool looking, but it's also very heavy. I'd go with the RX-7; just be prepared to deal with the hassle of having a non-conventional engine.

Add your comment to this topic!