Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 GMC Jimmy-Weird Problem-HELP!!

JoanneT
05-27-2004, 08:28 PM
Hi guys! I've been having weird problems with my Jimmy starting and was desperatly searching for answers when I found this forum. Sure hope someone can help!! I'm a girl, so please bear with me while I attempt to explain the problem. Here it is...

For about 2 months now, the Jimmy has been making a clicking sound when I try to start it. The engine doesn't turn over right away, but will if I keep trying. It always starts, but it takes a few minutes. This doesn't ALWAYS happen, just sometimes...it's happened for the last 2 days now. At first, it happened only after I didn't drive it for a day or two, now it's unpredictable.

The weird thing is the rear gate and the tow/haul button erroniously engages. I'll hear the back gate pop open when I didn't push the button, or the tow/haul light will come on by itself.

I've had it in the shop and the guys have checked the battery and other things, but it looks like I may be looking at making repairs (and spending lots of $$$) without knowing if it will correct the problem.

Anyone have an idea what might be happening?

Thanks a bunch!
Jo

JoanneT
05-27-2004, 08:38 PM
BTW...most of the time when this happens, the gages don't work and the clock resets...

Add your comment to this topic!