Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

STALLING... and ideas?

stanman
05-27-2004, 06:57 PM
my friends aurora keeps stalling at low speed... sometimes multiple times a day. fortunately, it always restarts right away. i cant seem to find a pattern in it except that it only happens at low speed... if you guys could help me brainstorm a list of things that could be wrong that would be awesome! im thinking it might be (in order of cost to fix)...
- bad pcv valve (where are they on the 4.0 v8?)
- dirty injectors
- bad egr (where?)
- bad spark plugs
- fuel pressure regulator
- intake seal? (did a search and that came up)
- the computer (which computer?)

ANY HELP would be greatly appreciated! thanks you in advance.

-stan

RoraStar96
05-27-2004, 07:05 PM
I think its the FPR...the fuel pressure regulator is notorious for dying around 80-100K

What year and mileage is your friends car?

dsatt12
05-27-2004, 09:12 PM
You need to rearrange your list a bit if it's a stuck egr valve you can't clean out. Those suckers are $$$ for a stupid diaphragm valve with a position sensor. By the by, the EGR valve happened to be my issue with dying.

I have never had a FPR problem. I'm just as glad on my 95 since I hear mine are not nearly so cheap.

stanman
05-27-2004, 09:41 PM
rora, thanks for the quick reply... i thought it my be the fpr but when the car stalls, its almost silent, wouldnt a problem with the fpr be noisy? i will go check on the year and mileage. dsatt, thanks man... i will fix the list. do you happen to know where it is and how i can tell if its bad? many thanks guys!
-stan

Add your comment to this topic!