Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

house of kolor paint in UK

egon_dude
05-27-2004, 04:02 PM
HI guys,
been looking at the gorgeous panit on ex-r's pickup, apparently its house of kolor green pearl- i was wondering where to get this paint in the uk?
ive seen it used on MTV pimp my ride, so is it only available in the US?
Whats the best way of applying it? ive got a paasche vls airbrush so im not worried that it doesnt come in spray cans, just wondered what primer/base coat/ clear to use?
cheers,
matt.

mike@af
05-27-2004, 04:11 PM
HoK makes different types of paints, acrylic urethane, acrylic lacquer and more. You need to stick with the same type through out. Also use HoK primer, HoKbase, and HoK clear.

Bangai-o
05-29-2004, 02:53 AM
I was wondering where to get it in the UK aswell. The links from their official site to UK distributors are all to big wholsesale companies from what I've seen.

lotus_man
05-29-2004, 02:55 AM
If anyone can do HoK in the UK I'd love to know. Again, veryone I've talked to only want to do half litre tubs, which is a little excessive for small cars!

egon_dude
05-29-2004, 04:01 AM
hmmmm ive been looking around a lot on the web, and asked at my local tuner garage where they do alloy wheel and nice paint jobs, but they said they can only get hold of big tubs that are lots of £££. I think im just going to use tamiya candy lime green over a silver base, which should give a similar effect.

mike@af
05-29-2004, 10:04 AM
HoK in the first place is very expensive. Some specialty paint stores sell it in 2-4oz. bottles. I usually buy a quart or a pint, but I paint cars so I can use the rest of it to just piss with trying new designs, or use it on other models.

Go to your Auto Paint supply store and ask if they have any mis-mixed paint. Sometimes they will give it to you for free or 50% of the retail price.

Add your comment to this topic!