Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Engine in Carrera GT??

BVC500
05-27-2004, 10:01 AM
According to this informational posted on Tamiya's website, there may not be an engine in the 1/24 Carrera GT. Usually in describing a model's features, Tamiya says something about full engine detail. They only mention opening/closing rear engine hood. Maybe it will be a semi-engine-just the parts that you see.

1/24 Sports Car Series No.275
(ITEM 24275)
Overall length: 194mm, Overall width: 83mm, Overall height: 49mm Rear spoiler can be assembled in up or down position Rear engine hood opens and closes. Dashboard and side panels have been reproduced using different colored sprues. metal plated wheels, light reflectors and exhaust pipe.

Vric
05-27-2004, 10:33 AM
if you can open the engin hood, I guess there is an engin :D

lotus_man
05-27-2004, 10:37 AM
Be crazy if there wasn't...

BVC500
05-27-2004, 10:39 AM
if you can open the engin hood, I guess there is an engin :D

Yeah, maybe, but it could be like Fujimi's Diablo models, which had partial engines. Its just weird they didn't mention the fully detailed engine like they usually do.

ales
05-27-2004, 10:53 AM
Not long to go before we find out! :) My bet is on a full engine though, because having gone to all the lengths with the chassis (it looks amazing), I'm pretty sure they'll go all the way.

labandabonnot
05-27-2004, 11:07 AM
I'm sure (and more than that) that this kit will increase again Tamiya's usual standarts! If there would be an engine (and there will be one!), it would be fully visible through the chassis: no semi-curbside engine possible!... The suspension parts need to be incredibly thin and accurate for the scale... I'm sure we can't expect something worse than the Enzo kit!... The only drawback would be the no opening doors. But I'm sure we'll all be oh! ah! when it will be realeased!

As usual...

But the build of such a piece won't surely be so easy! (logicaly, it should be more difficult than an Enzo, I think)

nervestrikes
05-27-2004, 04:08 PM
Just to follow up with what you guys have being saying and not saying the Porsche will indeed have an engine because as I look at the actual diagram of the car I think tamiya would have to jump at the chance to produce the first exclusive model of a Carrera Gt with opening engine bay with a detailed engine. Here take a look at this pic and then compare it to the pic that HLJ show on their site about the model. What is your opinion now?
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/503/57665engine_management_foto.jpg

drunken monkey
05-27-2004, 05:11 PM
hmm, how about we forget about the engine for a little bit and think how much of a crime it would be if they don't include carbon fibre decals in the kit as standard from day one....

sjelic
05-28-2004, 01:59 AM
Only remember Enzo, CF will come eventualy but I belive not in first edition. As for engine, since it is covered with air intakes I think there will be no full engine details. But then again if they do it like they did Enzo (and they realy should) then we will have another full detail masterpiece.
Rgds,

nervestrikes
05-28-2004, 07:37 AM
Let us pray........ :evillol:

labandabonnot
05-28-2004, 09:46 AM
... In that case, I'd better pray to be able to afford the real one! :lol:

Samurai75007
05-28-2004, 10:17 AM
it beter have a engine...

BVC500
05-28-2004, 12:43 PM
I'd actually rather it not have an engine, especially if you can't see it, and have Tamiya use some of the resources saved to produce another model, like the SLR, whose engine you can see.

nervestrikes
05-28-2004, 12:47 PM
BVC500, to some degree I feel you, but after building the enzo which was an incredible build for all the detail included I can't fathum the thought of them skimping on this one. They must represent because Porshe is like a arch rival to the ferrari so you must treat them both with the same repect....... :2cents:

hirofkd
05-28-2004, 10:35 PM
Tamiya web site says, the model kit thoroughly represents the 5.7 liter v10 engine as well as the racing car-like monocock tub. The roof panel is separate. The mirror faces and scripts are done by metal transfer.

Alien
05-29-2004, 03:08 AM
1/24 Sports Car Series No.275
(ITEM 24275)
Overall length: 194mm, Overall width: 83mm, Overall height: 49mm Rear spoiler can be assembled in up or down position Rear engine hood opens and closes. Dashboard and side panels have been reproduced using different colored sprues. metal plated wheels, light reflectors and exhaust pipe.

I'm thinking why would te rear hood open en close whe there's nothing to see?
So i'm thinking there will be a engine in there :iceslolan

Add your comment to this topic!