Aston Martin V12 Vanquish

a007apl
01-19-2002, 01:17 PM
British. The word conjures up images of forgotten splendour, an empire lost. Brutish. Now the images change to very hairy, very potent sportscars, and words like Vantage and Volante. Enter the Aston Martin; behold the emperor in his throne again.

Aston Martin's elegant grand-tourers packed a sophistication and grace that, when backed up by the roar of their racing-derived engines, saw them placed right on the Ferrari/Porsche pedestal during the classic car boom of the 1980s. And Aston's biggest shot in the arm have come from long being the suave James Bond's traditional wheels of choice. DB5 and 007 had a nice symphonic ring to it. Until BMW's marketing muscle stepped in, that is. But the new V12 Vanquish is set to change all that. It's time to beat German invaders back, and not just on film.

The Vanquish is a brute all right, no two ways about it. Sensuously swooping bodywork and a chest-high roofline can't hide the beef in its flanks or that snarling grill, between them arnessing around 1,850 kilos of out-and-out venom. Carbon fibre and aluminium venom Ė glued together, if you will, yet twice as torsionally stiff as the Jag XK8 coupe. Basic supercar ingredients abound.

You have a strapping 5935 CC V12 belting out a raspy chartbuster, you have 460 vicious bhp close to the stereophonic 7000 rpm redline, and you get a five-second dismissal of 100 kph before you blow past the triple-century, if you're really in a hurry. Giant brakes, direct steering, obese rubber, even an F1-style paddle-shift six-speed manual transmission. Don't let that 160-kph corner distract you from the joy of being pampered with a herd's-worth of Connolly leather, Wilton carpet, brushed aluminium and faux suede. All designed to ease your mind away from the fact that you've paid out close to Rs 1.1 crore to acquire this gleaming Brit testimony to supercardom, assuming you're one of the lucky 300 destined to get the first year's production run.

The V12 Vanquish may not be as graceful as a Ferrari, or as single-minded as a McLaren. It's a quintessentially quirky, sinfully sublime monster with a couple of concessions to being useful, like a hopelessly-cramped rear seat in the 2+2 'passenger' version. Yeah right. You wouldn't want to share such rarefied delight with anyone but your alter ego.

http://www.orixindia.com/images/spfeat4.jpg
http://www.orixindia.com/images/spfeat5.jpg

Bean Bandit
01-19-2002, 01:56 PM
I like it!:bandit:

TriStateGuy
01-28-2002, 09:31 AM
Could someone please give me one? :D

Ando_Rules
06-20-2002, 08:53 PM
sweetish sick pics guy thanx for da links i liek em

GT-R V-Spec
07-09-2002, 09:26 PM
Vanquish is the coolest its on my background right now!

AstonMartin
07-23-2002, 09:21 AM
Just a little note to ask why someone has replied with "I like it"

Are you mad! Are you completed out of your head!

You do not 'like' an Aston Martin! You adore an Aston Martin! You Worship an Aston Martin! You go to sleep at night and pray to Aston Martin! ! ! ! You do not like and Aston Martin!

In fact you should not even speak the two words in the same sentence! This is an outrage! One needs need sorting out! Educating even!

An Aston Martin is heavenly! Itís everything! Itís the meaning of life!

The Aston Martin has a presence on the road that no other car has! Okay Ferraris have a sound and great presence about them, but no matter what you/ they say, do or develop! It will never have what Aston Martin has! Its the be-all and end-all!

Aston Martin is a dream car! Ferrari is not that exclusive! Its not even second, third place! they go to Rolls Royce and Bentley! When speak the words 'Aston Martin' and then speak 'Ferrari' the Aston Martin just sounds far better! 'Rolls Royce' . . . .'Bentley'

British Craftsmanship! British Empire! British Tenacity! British made Aston Martin! Oh yes! :D

Italian Craftsmanship? Italian Empire? Italian Tenacity? Italian made Ferrari? No thanks! :rolleyes:

Aston Martin Man!

Scott 02
01-13-2003, 09:40 PM
coolest in mine as well, i would love to see one and sit in one in person some day.

SuPeRcAr_MaN
01-14-2003, 05:53 PM
Take it easy, AstonMartin. These are not the greatest cars on the road so it is okay for someone to just "like it". However, I do worship and adore this car. :flash:

Scott 02
01-14-2003, 09:00 PM
agree, i do think that the Mclaren F1 is the greatest car ever built in my book, but yes i do think that aston martin is great too, definatly the Vanquish

NSX
01-15-2003, 12:25 AM
Yah, cars are cool; but they're not everything...

Scott 02
01-21-2003, 08:18 AM
We know

Genesis2
02-04-2003, 08:44 PM
hey AstonMartin I think u had a little too much coffe this morning

Scott 02
02-04-2003, 08:45 PM
hey AstonMartin I think u had a little too much coffe this morning

More like the morning of July 23rd of 2002 :D

arthur12187
03-12-2003, 05:00 PM
calm down, take a chill pill!

Scott 02
03-12-2003, 06:10 PM
calm down, take a chill pill!

I thought the same thing at first, but I think he got his crap together since then...

farbod
09-28-2003, 06:18 AM
cool man i want one

MITSU-EVO
04-06-2004, 10:22 AM
I wish I had one as well. The two Aston Martin models, DB9 and V12 Vanquish make Aston one of my favorite car makes alongside Ferrari. However, in spite of the fact that Ferraris are lighter, more powerful, and therefore faster; their interiors I quite crappy. I can give you that even though I am still a huge Ferrari fan. On the other hand, Aston M

MITSU-EVO
04-06-2004, 10:23 AM
I wish I had one as well. The two Aston Martin models, DB9 and V12 Vanquish make Aston one of my favorite car makes alongside Ferrari. However, in spite of the fact that Ferraris are lighter, more powerful, and therefore faster; their interiors I quite crappy. I can give you that even though I am still a huge Ferrari fan. On the other hand, Aston Martins make the best combination of sports& luxury.

MITSU-EVO
04-06-2004, 10:30 AM
Ooops sorry. Posted the same thing twice.... Oh btw, when Jeremy Clarkson conducted the comparison between Aston Martin V12 Vanquish and Ferrari 575M Maranello, he quoted that " the engine sound of the Aston makes the 575M sound like a Ford Fiesta" :)

Add your comment to this topic!