Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Location Of Egr Valve

tomwhite56
05-26-2004, 10:12 AM
I'm pretty sure I found the EGR valve on my 2002 Saturn but wanted to check it with you guys. The emissions label doesn't actually give its location. What I think is the valve is mounted to the top of the AC compressor, has a tube that bolts to the exhaust side of the engine, and a vacuum hose coming around from the throttle body. Thing is, it'sd also got a rubber tube going to the evap canister. That seems strange to me, but maybe that's just how they're doing it. If this is not it, anyone know where to look for it?

Lucas1
05-30-2004, 05:36 PM
no, that is not the EGR valve, that is part of the air injection system. the EGR valve bolts onto the cylinder head it is just behind where the upper radiatior hose connects to the cylinder head. it is a small cylinder looking thing with a 5 wire connector on the top of it. its called a linear EGR valve GM has been using them for a long time. now i have to ask.........why do you want to know where it is??.........the reason i ask is, if you don't know what it looks like or where it is, you shouldnt be messing with it....................

tomwhite56
05-31-2004, 06:03 PM
no, that is not the EGR valve, that is part of the air injection system. the EGR valve bolts onto the cylinder head it is just behind where the upper radiatior hose connects to the cylinder head. it is a small cylinder looking thing with a 5 wire connector on the top of it. its called a linear EGR valve GM has been using them for a long time. now i have to ask.........why do you want to know where it is??.........the reason i ask is, if you don't know what it looks like or where it is, you shouldnt be messing with it....................

Is it not OK to know where my EGR valve is?

Thanks for the answer.

Tom

Lucas1
06-01-2004, 04:20 PM
no, its good to know where it is. i didnt mean that how it came across. i work as a tech at a saturn dealership and i see alot of cars where people who didnt know what they were doing messed up their cars trying to fix it, so i try to warn people about getting in over their heads. but its your car, do what you like to it.....................

tomwhite56
06-01-2004, 06:25 PM
no, its good to know where it is. i didnt mean that how it came across. i work as a tech at a saturn dealership and i see alot of cars where people who didnt know what they were doing messed up their cars trying to fix it, so i try to warn people about getting in over their heads. but its your car, do what you like to it.....................

That be cool. In any case, the problem I was having is fixed. But I used to work in automotive, and would be able to change the EGR if necessary. But I would never change a part myself if I didn't think it would help on the advice of people like you or if I wasn't 100% sure of what I was doing. Thanks for your concern!

Add your comment to this topic!