Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Trailmaster lift kit

moab-jeeper
05-26-2004, 01:22 AM
I am thinking of buying a trailmaster 4 inch lift kit. and i was wondering if they are a good lift. If they ride smooth and have good flex. well if anyone has any experience with them write me back. Thanks

moab-jeeper
05-26-2004, 01:22 AM
please write back as soon as possible

PA Stomper
07-05-2004, 07:40 AM
Moab Jeeper,

I just installed a 3" Trailmaster on my 93 Wrangler & went with 33x12.5 BFG ATs on AR Outlaw I 10" wheels.

I installed a 4" Trailmaster on my 87 Wrangler back in 88. The original job was much easier as the bolts were only 1 year old. The most recent job was a little tougher with all of the rust & frozen shackle sleeves but a Sawzall & some new hardened steel bolts did the trick.

The Trailmaster is a complete kit with very good instructions, not all competitive kits supply the parts the TM does. The ride starts out stiff but gets better as the springs relax after a month or two.

The little things to look out for after you install are:

1) Gearbox will be a little stiff as the transfer case is moved back, I've heard that cutting the internal boot will loosen this up. I have cases where the shifter will pop out of gear. My old 87 would constantly pop out of reverse.

2) Front end will need to be aligned & steering wheel straightened.

3) Turn signals don't always go off after turn - this may be tire related.

The only downside of the TM has been that the customer service from the Tech Support hotline has been non existent. I've left numerous messages & e-mails to get little hints for fixing some of my problems & to get new caster & camber specs for the vehicle with the new stance. I have not received a call or an e-mail yet.

Best of luck - happy Jeepin'.

Add your comment to this topic!