Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Car help

streetlife4
05-23-2004, 01:16 AM
Ok my cavalier is now totaled out was hit by a van teusday in a pavillion out in fayetteville, GA. Ok I need a bit of help I know you all might hate some of these cars or love them, but please help me based on what you all think a Honda Civic EX with a GSR Engine and Tranny swap, A Acura Integra GSR, or VW Jetta III GLX VR6. Which car will be better to mod in the long run given I am putting in over a four year period close to 30 g's, gotta use the military for something ya feel me

The honda is dropped has 18 inch I think Enkei rims with a Red/ Gold Pearl paint tinted windows nice lil carbon fiber hood and Body kit, shaved doors, hood, and trunk. with stock engine but i plan on a GSR swap if i get it

Acura has a Body kit, 18 inch rims is Dropped, nice color scheme to it and they have a LS and a GSR/ all left to do is mod the engine everything else is good.

The jetta is stock but has the VR6 and i here it is a great engine and car not to mention i have many idea's for one

I am trying to make a performance car though i will put a hell of alot of money into the exterior also...

kman10587
05-23-2004, 02:42 AM
Screw looks, bigger motor = better performance. Go with the Jetta and its VR6.

freakonaleash1187
05-24-2004, 07:16 AM
i would go with the integra. everbody and their grandma has a civic. the vr6 is also a nice car. but i don't think it has as big as an aftermarket as the integra does.

DinanM3_S2
05-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Theres a plenty big aftermarket for VW's, dont worry about that. I would also look into a GTi.

pouncer
05-24-2004, 09:38 PM
Of the choices you listed I would go for the Integra. I would try to find an unmodded one though.

Since you say you want a performance car, consider the following:

Early 90s 300ZX Twin Turbo:
RWD, classic looks, Twin Turbo V6 = very easy to make A LOT of power, way better than 350Z imo.

91-93 MR2 Turbo:
rare, RWD, true sports car with matching looks, fast and awesome handling, ez to make power

93-01 Impreza Coupe AWD:
AWD, somewhat rare, WRX engine and tranny drop right in. Swap costs ~5-7K but you will have a street legal and fast car (stock). lighter and looks better than the current models, ez to make power if you get a swap + sleeper.

Eclipse Turbo
... better than a honda, good engine, easy to make power

It'll cost a ton of money to make a VR6 Jetta or Integra as fast and it won't be as reliable. No merits to FWD except that it is safe, and cheap to make.

freakonaleash1187
05-25-2004, 12:14 PM
if you are willing to spend 15k you could get a 300zx tt. but for 7k you could get a nice n/a. i didn't mention those because first it doesn't seem he is looking for those kind of cars and second, it seems out of his price range with the other cars he is looking at.

pouncer
05-25-2004, 02:24 PM
you can find 300ZX TTs in the 10k range. Also if he is planning on spending 30k over 4 years he can afford it no problem.

freakonaleash1187
05-25-2004, 10:17 PM
oh crap, completely forgot about the 30k over 4 years. and you can find a tt in the 10k range, but most likely you will have to replace something very shortly. but if you don't want a rwd car, you can get an elipse gs-t (fwd) or gsx (awd).

streetlife4
05-26-2004, 03:39 PM
I plan on getting a RWD/awd true performance car. I just want the challenge of making the smaller engine cars fast also since so many fake it and as they say "Rice" out their cars. My dad has a 85 N/A 300zx with a fully rebuilt engine I love the car I am trying to fix me up a smaller engine then look for a bigger one I will probably go with the teg, and it is unmodded all it has is a sweet kit on it new suspension and rims. I plan on rebuilding the I think the B18c1 is the GS-R motor or something like that kinda tired at the moment. But whats a good car besides the Z that has look and performance I want to compete with my dads rebuilt N/A Z, but don't want the same car. I just wanna know you alls views on the subject I kinda have an Idea of which car I want though.

streetlife4
05-26-2004, 03:41 PM
As you can see me and him kinda have a rivalry going in cars lol, I told him i will make a import outrun his 2000 mustang he said shut up with your matchbox cars got me kinda mad but hey wait till i fix it up. I just think I need a bit more to out run his Z which he wont tell me how much power it makes, Though I know he dogged his friend with a Trans Am with a LS1 in it. so heh

freakonaleash1187
05-26-2004, 04:54 PM
what all does he have in his z31? i can't even keep up with a trans am with my z32, but i am stock. a couple other good rwd cars are a 3000gt and mr2 or you can get a eclipse gsx (awd).

kman10587
05-26-2004, 05:38 PM
The 3000GT VR4 is all-wheel-drive, not rear-wheel-drive.

freakonaleash1187
05-26-2004, 06:24 PM
damm it, i was talking about the 3000gt se, but i remembered the se is fwd. there is no rwd 3000gt. i have always thought for the longest time that the se was rwd so that is how i got confused. oh well, we are human, we aren't perfect.

Add your comment to this topic!