Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Header for 2.4L ?

EricFreeze
05-22-2004, 08:03 PM
Does anyone know if a header from a DOHC Neon will fit in a stratus? I'll be replacing my head gasket soon, and I think that would be a good time to put a header on, but I'm having trouble finding one, and finding one that is cheap! All sorts of Neon headers on Ebay, nothing for Stratus. Also, I read somewhere that you should replace a timing gear when changing the timing belt, something about the bearings only good for 60,000 miles... which part is this? Any other suggestions for changing the head gasket? Unfortunately, I didn't call Chrysler when the car had 74,000 and the gasket was leaking, now it's got 107,000 and they won't fix it.

bclipse
05-23-2004, 12:41 PM
if u get the header off a DOHC neon, it should work. make sure you know what the bolt pattern is. they do sell headers for stratus's. pacesetter, fatboy, blackdog, etc. all make em. u can get long tube or shorties or whatever ur application is. check out www.stratusphere.us and go to the forum section. u'll find a spot for 1G cloud cars and do a search for headers and u'll get info on it.

Sal21R
05-31-2004, 02:17 AM
what r the websites to go to, to get the performance parts for a 01 stratus 4banger with a dual cam

Add your comment to this topic!