Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

air intake...does brand matter

AccordCoupe666
05-21-2004, 08:29 PM
aem compared to the cheapy ones on ebay such as bomz or the no names...any big difference?

sofast
05-23-2004, 01:23 PM
I picked up a cheap one and it works fine. All of the pipes are the same for my 88 prelude si. Why pay more for one with a name on it?

scallywag
05-25-2004, 01:38 PM
Well you can get the same performance out of a cheap no name one if you put a K&N filter on it. Only problem is they won't come with a carb sticker, so the fuzz might try to give you a ticket if they pop your hood!

superbluecivicsi
06-12-2004, 03:42 AM
aem compared to the cheapy ones on ebay such as bomz or the no names...any big difference?

My first CAI on was a no name ebay one. I had fitment issues and the filter sat really low.

Then came the AEM CAI. Bolted right up. Good fit, filter sits higher.

My comptech icebox............what can i say, it is awesome. In rain or shine, it lets the jrsc breathe better with out being wet. Not to mention it sounds quitter too.

My conclusion is.................My experience with the ebay no names on my 99 si was bad fitment and filter sat low. My buddys no name on his 94 gsr sat really low too, but fitment wasnt really an issue. Hey maybe, some ebay cais might fit differently......................you pay for what you get. AEM and comptech are poven as to ebay no names are questionable.

RSX-S777
06-18-2004, 05:29 PM
you pay for what you get. AEM and comptech are poven as to ebay no names are questionable.

:1:

Add your comment to this topic!