Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

AC Problems

agreken
05-21-2004, 04:01 PM
On my 2000 Astro, the AC quits blowing when you push the accelerator more than half way down. My mechanic replaced the check valve, but it is still doing it. Any ideas on this?

Thanks

bmfzo6
05-24-2004, 03:27 AM
you say the ac quits blowing. the fan stops? the compressor quits? hot air ? no air? check the vacuum line at the pcv valve. and the mechanic replaced a part. why did you not take it back when it wasn'T Fixed. sounds like a parts changer not a mechanic
t

agreken
05-31-2004, 12:52 PM
Mechanic spent all day on it. I HAD to leave for vacation the next day (Just got back). It sounds like it is still running, but no air comes out. While driving on vacation however, I've learned that once it goes away, a tap on the brakes brings it right back until you accelerate again...

rick7h
08-20-2004, 01:07 AM
Agreken, how did you finally resolve your problem, or did you? I have the same issue. Last year the dealer also replaced the check valve, did all kinds of tests to look for a leak, then replaced the control switch assembly which finally got it working. Now less than a year later I have the same problem again; accelerating (which drops the vacuum) causes the upper vents to switch off. Curious to hear how you made out.

Add your comment to this topic!