Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Stalling, Bad Error Codes, Strange Error Lights

mrwjr2003
05-21-2004, 09:34 AM
**Sorry this message is long, but a lot of strange things have occured in the last 48 hours.**

I just aquired a 94 Buick Regal, 3.1. When I got it, the turn signals and the brake lights did not work. Had it serviced, and they replaced the turn signal switch in the column. This fixed it.

However one day later, while driving the car, the check engine light came on. Then the next day, while the wife had the car (ugh!), she went somewhere, it drove fine, no indicator were on. She came back out from the store, started the car, and put it in reverse, the car stalled. This happened several times, and basically to get it going, she had to two foot it holding the idle up. Now the ABS Brakes indicator was on, and the check engine light was on.

Later that day, on its way to the mechanics, it stalled while driving, twice. She reported that she thinks (UGHHHHH) she was starting to deacellerate. Same thing, no indicators at the start of the drive, but after the stalls, ABS and Check Engine indicators were on.

When she got it to our mechanics, the got these codes:
77 - EGR Silinode 3 Problem
96 - Trans System Voltage Low
67 - Ignition Control (3 times)

They reset the codes, but then could not get it to stall again. However, this time, the Low Coolent light was on steady. To try to help out, I drove the car for a good hour, trying to redo our driving habits. No stalling. Still have the Low Coolent light on, but no check engine.

Then that night (last night) I drove it home from the mechanics, who now had checked as much as they could without seeing the problem occur, such as the charging system, shook the wires under the hood, and said that there is not much they can do until something goes wrong again. To drive it until the check engine light comes back on.

So while driving it home, now the Low COOLENT light is coming on and off an a very regular interval. About 1 or 2 seconds on, then about 5 to 6 seconds off.

This morning on my way to work the check engine light came on, so hopefully we might get somewhere, but I thought I would ask anyways.

One last thing, my mechanic said that the error 96 doesnt even apply to my car, I dont have that module???

Any help, cause right now, I think the car is possesed.

Thanks,
mrwjr2003

Add your comment to this topic!