Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Parting out '87 Turbo - Whole Running Car

ExoticTegra
05-21-2004, 08:40 AM
!!!ALL REASONABLE OFFERS WILL BE ACCEPTED!!!
ALSO WILL ACCEPT TRADE BUT ONLY FOR HONDA PARTS OR UNIVERSAL ELECTRONICS

Hi all,

First let me introduce myself. My name is Keith and I'm generally a Honda tuner. I've always had a passion for older body sport compacts mostly the Conquest TSI, Acura Integra, Toyota MR2 and RX-7. I'm not too fmailliar with the rotory power but know enough. I currently own a boosted '91 Integra with a '98 spec JDM motor.

If you would like to check up on me, I have the same screen name at Honda-Tech.com, Team-Integra.net, G2IC.com and various other sites. I also have a positive 100% feedback on eBay which you can see HERE (http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewFeedback&userid=whyssleboi&items=25) and if for any reason you would like personal contact references, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Now onto the good stuff. I have an '87 Turbo RX-7 that I'm parting out. It is complete but I will make a list below of parts that are no longer available. Other than the parts listed in this thread which I will update every time I sell a part, you can consider that I still have the part for sale. Bascially read below and if it's not in the list than I have it.

Not to sound like a d**k but please only contact me if you are truly interested in the part. We've all played the parts game and 90% of the time it's only someone contacting you because: 1 - they're hoping to get that remarkable deal that only comes every thrid birthday, 2 - really need the part and are wishing that god will erase from the memory of the seller how valuable the part is, 3 - a newbie tuner who wants a part but when it really comes down to it, mom and dad just won't up his/her weekly allowance, or 4 - someone who just has nothing better to do. Anyways, my point is, I know this is your domain but out of respect for you and myself, if you're not interested than just move to the next thread. Unless of course you just want to B/S with me about cars, girls, more girls and beer. ;) I'm always down to make new friends and learn new things. God knows I should be catching up on my rotory knowledge. Again, no disresect at all to your turf, just being straight with you as I would hope you will be with me. IF by chance I left anything out of this thread than please let me know. I don't know how you guys opperate there so maybe just help me along for a few posts until I get it... Also, my contact info is listed below... all the best! :)

P.S.
I can take pictures of parts but the car is at my buddy's place as it's his car I'm parting out for him. I'm more into cars than he is and so he asked me to take over for him. In regards to pictures, I can take some, but I'm only taking apart the car as a part is requested so if your part is burried in the car than I'll do my best to snap a shot however I can't remove it until I know it's sold.

OK, so here is a list of parts no longer available::

Windshield - CRACKED
Passenger Power Window motor - SOLD
Driver's Side Demister Grill - SOLD
Front Bumper - SOLD
Driver's Side Fender - SOLD
Hood - SOLD
Bypass Air Control Valve / BACV - SOLD
Coolant Overflow Canister - SOLD
Radiator Shroud - SOLD
Test Pipe (from downpipe to cat) - SOLD
Front Strut Tower Covers - SOLD
Rear Tail Lights - SOLD
Clock / Oil / Warning Light, etc Gauge Trim - SOLD
Center Console (Armrest) - SOLD
Side Mirrors - SOLD
Side Mirrors (Interior triangle piece) - SOLD
Throttle Cable - SOLD
Oil Cooler - SOLD
Gauge Cluster - SOLD
Climate Controls - SOLD
Power Window Switches - SOLD
A/C Condensor (Radiator part, not canister) - BROKEN
Storage Bins - SOLD
Dashboard Vents - SOLD
Glove Box - SOLD
Shift boot surround - SOLD
Leather Shift Boot - SOLD
Shifter rubber gasket (Under Shift Boot) - SOLD
Door Handle Trims - SOLD
Kick Panel Under Glove Box - SOLD
Speaker Covers - SOLD
Rear Marker Lights - SOLD
Air Fuel Monitor - SOLD
Windshield Wiper Arms - SOLD

~Keith
Keith@2amartists.com

dayna240sx
05-21-2004, 09:52 AM
I could use a driveshaft. All I need is the front U-joint and about 8 inches to a foot after that.

How much?

ExoticTegra
05-21-2004, 10:20 AM
Make me an offer.

Does the drive shaft have to be cut? If so, I'm not cabable of doing that where the car is. IF it's removable than I can gladly remove it and sell it. :)

J-Rat
05-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Drive shaft is removable...

Where is the car located? (just trying to figure out how much shipping is gonna cost if I buy something)

Rat

ExoticTegra
05-21-2004, 04:08 PM
It is in Severna Park, MD. The zip code is 21146. As long as it's a bolt part than I can take care of you for sure... LMK

Soyo
05-21-2004, 04:28 PM
is the hood aluminum or steel? if your not sure go lift it up by yourself and tell me if its heavy or not

ExoticTegra
05-21-2004, 04:46 PM
Well, it's not that heavy. And it's got the air dam for the intercooler but I don't know if that makes a difference. Did MAzda come out with two different hoods? Anyways, I would guess that it is aluminum if there is a noticable difference in the two but please don't quote me on that. I also have the VIN number if that helps? :)

~K

J-Rat
05-21-2004, 09:40 PM
If its a TII hood, its aluminum.

ExoticTegra
05-21-2004, 10:13 PM
Yeah, I just found out tonight what the difference was. I thought a Turbo II was a different type of RX-7 but the same years. It is in fact an '87 Turbo II. However, if you're interested in the hood, I already have a pending sale from someone who is coming to pick it up on Sunday. He's pulling it from the car and obviously I won't be suffered with the shipping hassle. I'm taking $150.00 for the hood and it's black so if you can top that and make the shipping a less hassle (mainly just have UPS come pick it up), than I'm open to sell to someone else... LMK. :)

EDIT:: Sorry, this message was actually for the guy asking about the hood... thanks for the 411 Rat! ;)

~K

drftk1d
05-22-2004, 09:35 AM
I could use the f/r bake calipers and the parts needed to do a 5 lug conversion.

Just, asking, how much are you gonna sell the motor for, and how much mileage is on the car?

ExoticTegra
05-22-2004, 10:33 AM
I could use the f/r bake calipers and the parts needed to do a 5 lug conversion.

Just, asking, how much are you gonna sell the motor for, and how much mileage is on the car?

MAke me an offer and list of all parts needed. I have the complete lug conversion parts. Calipers, rotors, hubs, etc...

100k on the motor, I'll take $1,000 for the motor, ECU, wiring harness, tranny, etc... You'll have to arrange shipping and if you want me to pull the motor it'll be another $300.

dayna240sx
05-22-2004, 05:14 PM
You are absolutly nuts if you want $1000 for an engine with 100K miles on it. I'm picking one up with less miles for $150 this week.

drftk1d
05-22-2004, 09:14 PM
^That's a TII engine?

ExoticTegra
05-22-2004, 10:55 PM
You are absolutly nuts if you want $1000 for an engine with 100K miles on it. I'm picking one up with less miles for $150 this week.

Well, I guess I'm nuts than. I mean congrates t you for picking up a complete engine, mounts, turo, manifold, intake, injectors, ECU, starter, alternator, power steering pump, A/C compressor, etc, etc, etc...

If you picked up a complete motor swap with less miles for $150 than you are a far more advanced man than I'll ever be, or the seller is a complete dumb ass. But hey, I'm always down for making friends, not killing 'em, so again, congrates to you and please don't take this as hostile or an insult. If anything I'm very envious that you have those opportunities being I just shelled out $4500 for my motor swap...

~K

ExoticTegra
05-22-2004, 10:57 PM
^That's a TII engine?

Yeah bro...

dayna240sx
05-23-2004, 10:08 AM
no dude, i am not making this hostile.. Lotsa of people take my comments as being hostile.. perception is one thing.. my scope is another..

I would urge anyone on this forum that plans on buying anything to ask me.. I have been doing this for years and WILL find that person the best deal.. or let then know what fair market value is.

FOR example.. I just bought a low mile TII S4 J-spec engine and trans. for $1000. luckly for me the guy was close enough i could drive there and town it home behind my Scoobie.

I bought a complete S5 TII engine a coupel years ago gor $900.

I would suggest if you need the money from this that you part it out your self.. the problem is.. although the engine may run now.. i would never put a tii with that many miles into a car for a swap.. Aside from the short block everything else would be easier to ship and easier to deal with..

My suggestion... sell the short block to Kevin Landers as a core.. and make someone a package on the other stuff for someone wanting to do the conversion.. BTW..I have atleast 2 complete TII drivetrains.. (few engines, 4 transmissions, 2 driveshafts, 2 rear assemblys) so point them my way for the other stuff ;)

break the stuff up, easier to ship, you'll get more $$ int he long run.
For Example
Turbo manifold $25-75
Turbo $75-200
knock sensor $35-50
harness $75-250
TPS
ECU
AFM
MAP
EGR
ACV (if anyone doesn't have theirs blocked already)
etc etc

ExoticTegra
05-23-2004, 11:09 AM
Cool bro, now it's looks like we're making progress. Sorry I took it hostile but I'm sure you can see where I'm coming from. Two toally different heads working on two totally different bodies and drive trains. Anyways, I'm Keith and BIG thanks for the shout and advice. I've been tuning cars for about 14 years (mostly GM) but now been in Hondas for a hot minute.

Maybe you could help me out on parting some of this out? If we work together I'd be glad to hit you off with finders fees, comission, etc...

That little list was cool, I don't suppose you could hit me with a detailed list of all valuables on the TII? I need something to work off of because I have no idea what is valuable to people and what is not. Of course ou always get the few who need a trim piece or power antenna. I'm most concerned with the items that will go quick and most everyone is looking for...

Thanks again for the love bro, I look forward to chatting with you more! :)

~Keith

drftk1d
05-23-2004, 12:57 PM
I was asking is dayna's engine for 150 was a t2.

ExoticTegra
05-23-2004, 01:14 PM
Ahhh, right up. :)

dayna240sx
05-23-2004, 02:23 PM
no the $150 is for a running S5 n/a short block.

J-Rat
05-23-2004, 02:56 PM
FOR example.. I just bought a low mile TII S4 J-spec engine and trans. for $1000. luckly for me the guy was close enough i could drive there and town it home behind my Scoobie.

I bought a complete S5 TII engine a coupel years ago gor $900.

Whoppee friggin do... I bought an entire running TII for $450. There we are...

Used TII motor and tranny for 1k? thats not THAT far out of line.

Soyo
05-23-2004, 05:19 PM
well first off just for your reference, daynas a chic not a bro...

but anyways, dayna(or j-rat or whoever) how much does it cost to put a full TII engine, drivtrain, etc. into a non-turbo shell? and what all would I need?

banditkiller
05-23-2004, 06:26 PM
Man im right up in Glen Burnie... too bad Your parting the car out now and not 3 weeks ago,..... either way I want the rear end out of the car... How much for that?

ExoticTegra
05-23-2004, 07:00 PM
Man im right up in Glen Burnie... too bad Your parting the car out now and not 3 weeks ago,..... either way I want the rear end out of the car... How much for that?

OK, the rear end is a little tricky but read what I'm saying before assuming anything. This is the reason the car has been sitting so long. Basically the owner didn't know how to put it back together.

The rear end was pulled then put back on because he tried to put a non turbo rear end on thinking it would work. The only thing missing now is the drivers side rotor. But to be honest, both rotors should be replaced being it has been sitting and they are a bit rusted now. Being you're in Glen Burnie, you can come down and check it out anytime, even now if you want to. MY number is 410.544.3253... gimme a call and we can talk for sure. I'm willing to let it go cheap for sure. I'm trying to unload all the parts within two weeks then toss the shell so pretty much all offers accepted, within reason of course. ;)

~Keith

ExoticTegra
05-23-2004, 07:01 PM
well first off just for your reference, daynas a chic not a bro...

but anyways, dayna(or j-rat or whoever) how much does it cost to put a full TII engine, drivtrain, etc. into a non-turbo shell? and what all would I need?

You can have the entire drive train from the engine all the way to the differential for $1,000. Unless the guy before you from Glen Burnie buys the rear end. LMK

banditkiller
05-23-2004, 09:43 PM
Alrighty then... I have the day off tomorrow so Ill give you A call sometime in the morning..... Now ill have some discs in the rear for my car to stop with ...

ExoticTegra
05-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Alrighty then... I have the day off tomorrow so Ill give you A call sometime in the morning..... Now ill have some discs in the rear for my car to stop with ...

Yo, I have to run to Deleware tomorrow in the AM so it me on the mobile. 781.775.9897

Yes, that ware code is correct. It is a Boston arear code which is where I'm originally from. ;)

I should be back around 12 or 1pm so we can get up anytime after then bro... :)

~K

Soyo
05-24-2004, 01:46 AM
I want the engine and drivetrain from an S5 TII, sorry

ExoticTegra
05-24-2004, 08:21 AM
I want the engine and drivetrain from an S5 TII, sorry

No problem :)

ExoticTegra
05-24-2004, 06:33 PM
::UPDATE::
List of parts no longer available::

Windshield - CRACKED
Front Bumper - SOLD
Hood - SOLD
Radiator Shroud - SOLD
Rear Tail Lights - SOLD

Soyo
05-24-2004, 09:24 PM
is the car red? and can I have the little bar that bolts in front of the driver side headlight? no clue what its called but its a roundish bar in front of the headlight right behind the top of the front bumper... I want that

ExoticTegra
05-24-2004, 09:54 PM
No, it's black.

Yes, I've got the corner bracket your talking about. I remember it because we had to remove it to pull the fender. Do you need both sides or just the drivers side? Email me at Keith@2amartists.com :)

~K

Soyo
05-25-2004, 03:42 PM
I only need the drivers side

ExoticTegra
05-25-2004, 04:08 PM
I only need the drivers side

Sure thing, paypal me whatever price you think it's worth and include $5.00 for shipping. Also include your shipping address and I'll ship it out today over at the UPS Store. :)

~K

banditkiller
05-25-2004, 05:15 PM
Hey man Sorry I havent been able to call you since monday. Go ahead and sell the rear. I dont have the time to come pick it up and wont for a couple weeks.

ExoticTegra
05-25-2004, 05:38 PM
Hey man Sorry I havent been able to call you since monday. Go ahead and sell the rear. I dont have the time to come pick it up and wont for a couple weeks.

No sweat bro... thanks for following up with me. :)

~K

Soyo
05-25-2004, 08:38 PM
I'm gonna check with junkyards around town and see what kinda price they want, then I'll get back to you on how much I'm willing to offer or if I even need one(sometimes theres cool people at junkyards that give me free stuff :) )

ExoticTegra
05-25-2004, 09:05 PM
For sure... no prob. Just let me know, I'm open to all suggestions and offers... :)

~K

dayna240sx
05-25-2004, 10:55 PM
If its a TII hood, its aluminum.

not always, they do make TII steel hoods... I have one.

You being the "rx-7 genius" should know that.

Soyo
05-26-2004, 12:46 AM
not always, they do make TII steel hoods... I have one.

You being the "rx-7 genius" should know that.

OOOHHH J-rat got PUNK'D!!!

:rofl: jk, rx-7club just had this arguement in a thread too, and thats why I asked, cuz before that I thought they were all alluminum too

ExoticTegra
05-26-2004, 10:19 AM
OOOHHH J-rat got PUNK'D!!!

:rofl: jk, rx-7club just had this arguement in a thread too, and thats why I asked, cuz before that I thought they were all alluminum too

From hanging out this little bit of time on all the RX-7 boards I was also under that impression. I guess you learn something new every day. :)

Anyways, did you want that bracket?... had to stay on topic... LOL. :)

~Keith

Soyo
05-26-2004, 03:39 PM
today was my last day of school (YAY!!) so I should be able to go to a junk yard in the next few days, then I'll let you know

ExoticTegra
05-26-2004, 09:25 PM
today was my last day of school (YAY!!) so I should be able to go to a junk yard in the next few days, then I'll let you know

Sounds good... congradulations too!!! What year are you?

ExoticTegra
05-26-2004, 09:51 PM
::UPDATES::
Here is a list of parts no longer available::

Windshield - CRACKED
Front Bumper - SOLD
Hood - SOLD
Radiator Shroud - SOLD
Rear Tail Lights - SOLD
Side Mirrors - SOLD
Throttle Cable - SOLD

Soyo
05-27-2004, 01:16 PM
I am now a senior, so one more year!

hey would the exhaust from an 87 TII fit up to a 91? just wondering cuz mines a little rusty

ExoticTegra
05-27-2004, 01:38 PM
I am now a senior, so one more year!

hey would the exhaust from an 87 TII fit up to a 91? just wondering cuz mines a little rusty

Ohhhhh :slap: ... JAIL BAIT in the worst way! ;)

J/K... but still big ups to you for making it through another year! :)

No idea if the exhaust will fit or not. I'm not big on te rotary scene so maybe someone else could help you out on that one... any takers?

~K

ExoticTegra
05-28-2004, 03:54 PM

Windshield - CRACKED
Front Bumper - SOLD
Hood - SOLD
Radiator Shroud - SOLD
Rear Tail Lights - SOLD
Side Mirrors - SOLD
Throttle Cable - SOLD
Oil Cooler - SOLD
Gauge Cluster - SOLD
Climate Controls - SOLD

ExoticTegra
06-03-2004, 02:26 PM

Windshield - CRACKED
Front Bumper - SOLD
Hood - SOLD
Radiator Shroud - SOLD
Rear Tail Lights - SOLD
Side Mirrors - SOLD
Throttle Cable - SOLD
Oil Cooler - SOLD
Gauge Cluster - SOLD
Climate Controls - SOLD
Storage Bins - SOLD
Dashboard Vents - SOLD
Glove Box - SOLD
Door Handle Trims - SOLD
Speaker Covers - SOLD

ExoticTegra
06-04-2004, 06:04 PM

Windshield - CRACKED
Front Bumper - SOLD
Hood - SOLD
Radiator Shroud - SOLD
Rear Tail Lights - SOLD
Side Mirrors - SOLD
Throttle Cable - SOLD
Oil Cooler - SOLD
Gauge Cluster - SOLD
Climate Controls - SOLD
Storage Bins - SOLD
Dashboard Vents - SOLD
Glove Box - SOLD
Door Handle Trims - SOLD
Speaker Covers - SOLD
Air Fuel Monitor - SOLD
Windshield Wiper Arms - SOLD

dayna240sx
06-05-2004, 12:10 AM
ok seriously now.

ExoticTegra
06-07-2004, 08:04 PM

Thank you to EVERYONE who had purchased some parts from me and to everyone who came back on the boards and expressed themselves towards my salesmanship!!! :)

Just so everyone knows, the car has been sold. I received a deposit today and the new owners are coming to pick it up this weekend. They are still parting it out from my understanding and only want it for the drive train and 5 lug conversion so below I've left their names and email addresses so you can contact them personally if you are still looking for parts. I did sell a few more parts before they got the deposit in which I will list a complete inventory of parts no longer available on the car below. This way you won't have to waste your time if the part you're looking for is in the list. Thanks again to everyone for letting me come onto your boards and post even though i'm not an RX-7 long term owner... you guys DEFINATELY ROCK it harder than anyone on the boards I frequent. Most of the guys there (including myself in some cases) would have flammed a guy like me the minute he dropped word one... best of luck to everyone and if you ever see a blalck '91 Integra with white wheels than do yourself a favor and say "what up"... just don't rev hard cause I'll leave you asking yourself "why do I bother"... LOL... J/K... ;)

~Keith

::NEW OWNERS::
Pat - prw6094@rit.edu
Paris - ParisXWP@aol.com

OK, so here is a list of parts no longer available::

Windshield - CRACKED
Front Bumper - SOLD
Hood - SOLD