Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

ENGINE STUMBLES WHEN COASTING (update)

creslevi
05-21-2004, 07:54 AM
For all you guys who took the time to reply, Thank You, the Stumble is'nt in the engine, it's in the torque converter (lockup electronics) last Night I unplugged the lockup and drove it about 20 miles, With no stumble or miss, the only thing I noticed was a slight surgeing with the cruise on, by the time I got home the cruise would'nt come on ?? (don't know yet what caused that) and also with the conv. unplugged the check engine light comes on, and it runs like the old Buick Dynaflow or Chev Powerslide, but it did not stumble or miss. Could anyone suggest a site that will show a breakdown picture of the tranny mine is 94/buick lesabre, the pan has embossed on the bottom AT60-E.
The other problem thats developed chasing this one is torque converter pressure bleeds off over night, I suspect that may have been caused by hooking up the flush lines backwards when I had it serviced on 5/14/04, I am told there is a check valve in there that may be jammed that's causing this ??, It has 209,000 miles on it and has never leaked or done this before, and after it catches some pressure it the morning its ok all day and runs strong with no slipping, I know I have gotten very good performance overall from this car, and I have more time than money so I don't want to just throw another tranny in it, If I can avoid it, my thoughts are maybe I can do it myself, If all it takes is dropping the valve body ?, Any thoughts from you guys with tranny experience IE:changing the shift electronics and unsticking the checkvalve would be greatly appreciated, I need to locate and acquire the parts before I attempt this, Thanks for your time
Rick

public
05-28-2004, 03:42 PM
Changing the TCC solenoid can be done at home if you have the equipment. You will need to support the vehicle(jack stands) and remove the CV joint. Then you can remove the valve body cover. The TCC is only about $40. Haynes prints a pretty good book covering GM transmissions for about $15. Most parts stores should have it. As for the pressure bleeding off. I don't know. I will check my book on Sunday when I get home and post anything I find. Good Luck.

Add your comment to this topic!