Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Sr20de?

Xander_42
05-21-2004, 01:10 AM
I am currently thinking about swaping an SR20DE out of a Sentra SE or SE-R into a 510, I have been researching to see if I could use an RWD SR20DET bellhousing and KA24 transmission to assemble the drivetrain. Please tell me if this is feasible. Also, would I be able to ude an SR20DET ECU and turbo system when I got more stable economically. I cannot find any info about this swap on the net.

gtx510
05-27-2004, 12:49 AM
rwd and fwd blocks and bellhousings are different
I've heard of someone hacking a fwd bellhousing and welding it to the back of a rwd one, but I've never seen it done, measure twice, cut once
start with a imported engine

Xander_42
06-02-2004, 09:17 PM
Well, that kind of makes this swap a lot more difficult, not impossible, but difficult. Since I'm not a very good welder it might be better to just get an rwd SR.

blur510
08-09-2004, 11:27 PM
I am currently thinking about swaping an SR20DE out of a Sentra SE or SE-R into a 510, I have been researching to see if I could use an RWD SR20DET bellhousing and KA24 transmission to assemble the drivetrain. Please tell me if this is feasible. Also, would I be able to ude an SR20DET ECU and turbo system when I got more stable economically. I cannot find any info about this swap on the net.

why swap a fwd sr and mate it to or even a rwd SR and mate it to a KA tranny when you can use the RWD SR tranny? If you have any questions about the srswap just ask i have experience with it... and i will try to help you as best as i can.... they least expensive way to go is to buy a front clip that has the ecu and wiring included... it will save you tonnes of money on wiring... and buying an ecu for the US sr and JDM sr use different wires and ecu...

Add your comment to this topic!