Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

91 LeSabre Door panel removal

Mistascott
05-20-2004, 09:57 PM
Anyone know how to get it off correctly?

I don't want to break anything but I need to get to the power window motor/switches etc. because the window won't go down anymore.

cyntax01
05-31-2004, 01:51 PM
did you ever get the door panel off? I need to check the headlight fuse, which they conveniently placed BEHIND THE DOOR?!? and the panel is near impossible to remove without breaking everything on my 92 lesabre! lol.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dandonoghue
06-13-2004, 06:26 PM
My nephew in college cam over this weekend with his 91 lesabre that his grandpa gave him and guess what, his elec. rear window is jammed about halfway down. I tried to take a look see but I too was afraid to break the door panel. Did you guys ever figure it out, I need to help this starving student.

Thanks Dan.

cyntax01
06-13-2004, 10:41 PM
Actually I eventually found out how to remove the door panel. Its very tricky and time consuming - be careful not to break any clips too.

You have to remove the side-door reflector to get at a bolt inside, it pops off pretty easily but the bolt is not easy to get at.

Theres another bolt located under the window/seat control panel, use a flathead screwdriver to pry the panel out, disconnect and remove the panel to gain access to the other bolt.

remove the panel with the lock/unlock switch with a torx head screwdriver and disconnect the switch to remove the panel.

the panel should come off easily by just prying the door it off by hand, but be careful not to break any of the clips that hold it in because (in my car) they were made of plastic

once you get the right side of panel off, you can access the headlight swtch to disconnect the wiring.

you shouldn't have to remove any trim panels in doing all of this.

Hope this helps you - let me know how you make out with it.

Add your comment to this topic!