Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

MARUI Kit Opinion ?

levincer
05-20-2004, 06:08 PM
Hi to All,

I'm a huge lambo fan and as i'm waiting for my Miura i won this on ebay:
MARUI (J)
HIGH TECHNICAL MODEL CAR SERIES
BRAND NEW - RARE - ORIGINAL BOX - OUT OF PRODUCTION
SCALE 1:24
http://files.automotiveforums.com/gallery/watermark.php?file=/502/166636a2_1_s.jpg

I didn't saw these Marui kit a lot on these forums.

Anyone had an opinion or had ever seen one ?

Tanx.

tonioseven
05-20-2004, 06:27 PM
I have the Ferari 512BB kit. Not bad at all.:)

tpliquid
05-20-2004, 08:25 PM
they make great airsoft guns :)

Veyron
05-20-2004, 09:17 PM
That is a Jota SVR and it is a good kit. Kind of fiddly with all the opening parts but very nice detail overall.

You can look at Kunta's red one on his site, he glued all the opening parts shut.

Ferrari TR
05-20-2004, 10:13 PM
Sortof a junior EM series kit.
Fewer parts and fewer fit issues, but nearly as challenging.
:smile:

levincer
05-21-2004, 01:00 AM
That is a Jota SVR and it is a good kit. Kind of fiddly with all the opening parts but very nice detail overall.

You can look at Kunta's red one on his site, he glued all the opening parts shut.

Hi Veyron, do u have the irl ?

Tanx.

levincer
05-21-2004, 02:48 AM
i found the url, the kunta finish is always amazing :)

I'm pretty new on ebay, i recently bought these :
Fujimi Enthusiast Ferrari Dino 246GT Early type @ $36
Fujimi Enthusiast Ferrari 365GTS4 Daytona Spyder @ $31
1:24 LAMBORGHINI JOTA - MARUI @ $27
1:24 FERRARI KOENIG - FUJIMI @ $20

for those who bought a lot on ebay, are these prices good ?

Tanx for you help, this will give me good indications.

LAPO
05-21-2004, 04:34 AM
marui kits are my preferred! Especially the Jota is really a nice kit with the interesting option to riproduce real front and rear lights.

levincer
05-21-2004, 07:53 AM
marui kits are my preferred! Especially the Jota is really a nice kit with the interesting option to riproduce real front and rear lights.

Tanx Lapo, do u have some pictures of your jota ?

It seems that an engine is included ??? what can we do with that ?

urraco75
05-21-2004, 08:21 AM
This Jota Marui kit is very nice. There is a lot of details, especially for the inside. I have built this model some years ago, but i miss the paint :banghead:
The rest of the kit is really a pleasure to do. The engine is nice but not very detailled. You can bring some more details. By my side, i built my models as they are, without any modifications, except if they really need some... for exemple, change the wheels, because they are to ughly.
I do my Jota the same colors you have on the box, Black wihth silver engine cover and blue dashboard with black and red seats. The result is very nice.

LAPO
05-21-2004, 08:27 AM

I'll try to post some pics (i have not built it yet....), but i cannot promise anything as i am toooooo buisy in these days...
In any case the kit features:
- NIIIICE box art with many images of the actual built model
- Highly glossy black body (you could also chose not to paint it...)
- Working steering wheel
- Higly detailed tires with Pirelli P7 pattern (rear bigger)
- BBS wide&wider Wheels
- Working font and rear lights (mini bulbs not included)
- Openable doors and engine rear hood
- Nice interior detail with seatbelts
- Rear engine detail (only a flat piece that reproduces the top of the engine with 12 air intake tubes and 12 small curved clear pieces that reproduce the small filters)
- Antenna
- Brake disks
- It can be motorized using a Mabuch electric motor (don't remember if it is included or not...)

LAPO
05-21-2004, 08:33 AM

open your eyes and keep your tongue inside your mouth! :D

http://nagoya.cool.ne.jp/tanase/Contents18.shtml

levincer
05-21-2004, 09:11 AM
open your eyes and keep your tongue inside your mouth! :D

That's exactly what i did. Nice Nice job mate, but all this japonese ... if u give advices i will miss them :eek7: .

All these nice 'rivets' on the body are they 'in box' ?

These nice seat belts, did u had them ?

Tanx.

LAPO
05-21-2004, 09:25 AM
That's exactly what i did. Nice Nice job mate, but all this japonese ... if u give advices i will miss them :eek7: .

All these nice 'rivets' on the body are they 'in box' ?

These nice seat belts, did u had them ?

Tanx.

The kit has rivets only around the air intakes (on the front hood, near the front and rear wheels and between rear lights), the other have been added by that Japanese guy...
Also seatbelts and seats themselves are custom made. The kit does include parts to build and fit a pair of seatbelts, but much simpler....

PEACE AND LOVE!

LAPO
05-21-2004, 09:30 AM
more: that set of metal adhesive emblems is not included and wheels are not original ones (For me original BBS are much better!).

levincer
05-21-2004, 10:05 AM
more: that set of metal adhesive emblems is not included and wheels are not original ones (For me original BBS are much better!).

are u sure they're differents from these one ?
http://www.works-y3f.com/m_cars/1_euro/Lambo/jota/jota.htm

LAPO
05-21-2004, 10:26 AM
are u sure they're differents from these one ?
http://www.works-y3f.com/m_cars/1_euro/Lambo/jota/jota.htm

YES!
Kunta used the original Box-stock BBS and they are different (the internal "wire portion" is deeper "inside" the wheels. Hope is clear enough!).

drunken monkey
05-21-2004, 01:04 PM
hey, i've got one of their lamborghini kits; the one with the super shiney black body.
only thing is, i want to paint it another colour.
would i have to sand off the shine before primer?

LAPO
05-21-2004, 01:16 PM
hey, i've got one of their lamborghini kits; the one with the super shiney black body.
only thing is, i want to paint it another colour.
would i have to sand off the shine before primer?

I think that you have to use sand paper to smooth the molding lines, but you'll not have to sand off all the body. Just use a good primer before...

godfather23
05-21-2004, 02:53 PM
Hey levincer, when we pm´ed I didn´t mean to talk you into ebay. Since then, its just a wek or so in the past, you obviously just got mad at your computer, buying all that stuff. :iceslolan

Again, I think, you´ll find cheaper prices on www.ebay.de. Promise to make a progress threat, when you start your miura.

Btw, I´m about to get a 1/12 Protar Ferrari F40. Are they any good or is a waste of money?

levincer
05-22-2004, 03:40 AM
[QUOTE=godfather23]Hey levincer, when we pm´ed I didn´t mean to talk you into ebay. Since then, its just a wek or so in the past, you obviously just got mad at your computer, buying all that stuff. :iceslolan

Again, I think, you´ll find cheaper prices on www.ebay.de. Promise to make a progress threat, when you start your miura.
QUOTE]

For the miura it's a promise. Help me to ask Veyron to update his ;).

For ebay i'm really mad on that, i've ordered around 10 kits now :naughty: i know i must stop but it's like drugs :evillol:

I thought, as $ is cheaper that € i could make some good deal but with the shipping price i'm not sure. ebay.de has good kit, i'm on some already.

Don't know for the F40, i just bought a tamiya 1:24 one. I'm on a 356 speedster competition, i'll made a thread soon. Any news of your miura ?

godfather23
05-22-2004, 04:32 AM
Nope, still waiting for it to arrive, which drives me mad, since I find great kits every day, I wanna make, badly. So I need to be really restrictive with myself not bying everything I can get a hand on. I´m pretty sure, I´ll go for the Protar 1/12 F40 since its way cheaper than the 1/8 Pocher F40 and I even think of getting photoetched parts for the F40 by scaledetails.com and paint it Modena yellow.

Damn modeling, makes me shiver and addictive....

Do you have a progress of that 356 competition? Had one of those already but sold it... :loser:

LAPO
05-22-2004, 08:02 AM
Heroin? Hashish? Marjuana?....
Car modeling and ebay!!! This is the real drug!!

levincer
05-22-2004, 08:22 AM
Heroin? Hashish? Marjuana?....
Car modeling and ebay!!! This is the real drug!!

So True LAPO, so True. This we will be hard for me this we as i'm on bid on over 17 items :smokin:, won't have enought lives to finish all them.

I want to make a great thread for the 356 so i have to have more materials to show.

drunken monkey
05-22-2004, 08:43 AM
so you're the ones who keeps getting the fujimi enthusiast kits before me....

levincer
05-22-2004, 08:51 AM
so you're the ones who keeps getting the fujimi enthusiast kits before me....

Probably M8, i got some but i still need a 365 coupé and a 330 P4 :naughty:

drunken monkey
05-22-2004, 09:33 AM
oh...
you need them....

hehe, i know the feeling....

godfather23
05-22-2004, 03:30 PM
Probably M8, i got some but i still need a 365 coupé and a 330 P4 :naughty:

check those levincer: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9142&item=3724655709&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
(Ferrari 330 P4) They are quite often on ebay.de

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9142&item=3724739988&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9142&item=3724764054&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9142&item=3725561192&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
(Porsche 356 Coupe) If you don´t win them now, just keep looking, they have some Coupés on ebay.de every week.

levincer
05-22-2004, 03:51 PM
i didn't mean 356, i'm already on this one.

I mean FUJIMI 1/24 FERRARI 365GTB/4 DAYTONA

as this

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3194305289&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Probably the best Daytona Kit Available, as Alex Kustov mentionned on italianhorses.net.

Tanx for the 330 link, i expect a lot from this one, my credit card is ready to burn :evillol:

LAPO
05-23-2004, 03:29 AM
levincer you have a private message...

levincer
05-23-2004, 04:49 AM
levincer you have a private message...

Lapo u have 3 in return m8, i hope u could reply soon. Tanx.

godfather23
05-23-2004, 06:55 AM
The 365 GTB4 kit is probably the best coming out of the Enthusiast Series, sadly you´ll never see all the detail on those kits, when you finish them and put them on display. But hey, the car actually comes alive, when you build it. Good luck on that one. Keep it up, collecting and collecting!!!

LAPO
05-23-2004, 03:39 PM
levincer i have replied twice... did you receive something???

Add your comment to this topic!